Bluesound/Core connection issues - Output works via USB

I uploaded the last log as bosler Roon log 11-14-21.txt
the previous thread was closed so here is a new one

this is the old one

Hey @bruce_bosler1 –

I have reopened the topic and moved your new post in, so Roon @support has all information in one place.

2 Likes

Hi @bruce_bosler1 ,

Thanks for submitting that log file. We looked over it, but there are no noticeable crashes contained in the log.

Can you please reproduce the issue, note the exact local time + date, and then submit a full set of logs (Roon.log - Roon.20.log)? The error may have been part of one of the older log sets, so please submit all of them.

Thank you.

ok, next time it happens i will

1 Like

i just uploaded bruce bosler 21DEC21 roon logs. It was going OK except when using Bluesound Mini players all of the sudden it stops in the middle of a song and goes to the next, plays a bit then jumps to the next. I tried them with Airplay and that seemed to work for a while then tonight my iPad kept disconnecting from the core, music would stop, and then start again after a while. I am this close to just saying screw it as Roon is so frustrating. works for a while then starts doing goofy stuff.
Roon used to work with no problems so I have to think one of the “updates” screwed things up. I am so tired of rebooting my computer to get it to work for a while. Tonight my core kept disconnecting from the DAC and it is Ethernet from router to cored and USB to DAC
 nothing wifi.

it is one problem after another

update
 when I stream direct to my DAC via USB it seems to be pretty reliable. I turned on Roon radio last night and it was still playing this morning.

my main issue is maintaining a connection to my Bluesound devices. That is even with 3 of the 4 connected via ethernet. it plays for a while just fine then starts jumping to the next song while one is playing. Or the issue I had yesterday (which is new) where my iPad kept dropping the connection to the server and the music stopped until it reconnected. My iPhone was doing the same thing.

I love the Roon radio feature so would like to keep using it, but at some point the frustration will be too much

Hi @bruce_bosler1 ,

These sound like network-related issues, and the logs you sent also contain quite a few network-related errors.

Are you using the latest router firmware on your Amplifi? Do you have another router you can temporarily try to use?

checked my router, it tells me when an update is available and it does not now

only router I have. Like most people I have a multitude of devices hooked to the router via wifi and none of them seem to have a problem. Most of the Roon devices except iPads are ethernet connected though

it is all very intermittent so difficult to troubleshoot. It will work fine for days and then it pops back up.

I got so fed up with it (actually fed up with my wife bitching that her music keeps stopping) that I bought 5 Apple Homepod Minis and doing around the house with Apple Music and those instead of Roon and Bluesound Minis. The Apple stuff has been working great so I will probably just sell the Bluesound and just use Roon in my main system unless you have another idea

Hi @bruce_bosler1 ,

We can try to see if a Roon reinstall helps with the issues, but based on the symptoms and logs, it may not resolve the behavior. To reinstall Roon, please try the below instructions:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

i gave up and sold the Bluesounds. Using the Homepods in the same spots with Apple Music and so far they work perfectly

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.