Bluesound Node 2i Device Setup - Please help1

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Catalina 10.15.7 / iMac / Roon Build 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Latest Apple Airport Extreme / Using 5gHz

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Streaming from Bluesound Node 2I to both Bluesound Mini 2i and Bluesound Flex 2i

Description Of Issue

Can’t figure out why my signal path is “enhanced” after Device setup of Bluesound Node 2i

Here is my signal path.

Because the Node 2i is MQA decoding (unfolding) and MQA rendering (upsampling) … which Roon considers as enhancing the signal.

All is well and as expected … it’s just systematics.

1 Like

How to get lossless? (best sound quality)

In thet example your streaming an MQA file from Tidal you already have the best it can be. It’s just Roon designation for MQA as technically it’s not lossless, there is nothing wrong with it it’s all as its supposed to be Roon is doing nothing to the signal at all. If you play regular non mqa flac files or wav etc you will get lossless designation. I suggest you read up on MQA and you will see why Roon chooses to show it as enhanced and not lossless.

2 Likes

So, does ROON do a better job of decoding & rendering than the Node 2i? I set the Node to “No MQA Support” and now the Signal Path is lossless.

Decoding is decoding … makes no difference.

Rendering can only be performed in the DAC itself.

All is good, but if you wish you can have Roon perform the decoding by changing the zone’s advance settings to be MQA render only.

My Node 2i is set to Renderer Only.

Alrighty. I’ll try both and see what I like best. Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.