Bluesound Node Disappears

(Richard Guth) #1

@ support. I too have a Bluesound node that keeps disappearing from the Roon App sometimes the app on another device still sees it, but sometimes none. (iPad, iPhone and MacBook).

I have a Nucleus that streams from a QNAP and Tidal. The Bluesound is a Node 2i. The Sonos nodes are still visible. If I unplug/replug the Bluesound node it reappears, but can disappear in the middle of streaming or over night.

Losing connection to Bluesound devices
(Noris) #2

Hello @Richard_Guth,

I have split your post to it’s own discussion. What is your network setup like? Please list the model/manufacturer of the Router, any switches, range extenders, powerline adapters and how the Nucleus and Roon Remotes are connected.

How often does this issue occur, is it every night or less frequently?

– Noris

(Richard Guth) #4

Thanks Noris, I wasn’t sure whether to start my own or try to add to others. It happened five times yesterday, not at all today, and probably once every other day for the past week. (maybe since the Bluesound software upgrade I did last week).

• My internet is Comcast business
  • Router is Technicolor Device Type BWG, Model DPC3941B
  • I have a Linksys Velop Mesh Network
  • Roon is connected to network through ethernet to a TP-Link 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch | Ethernet Splitter | Sturdy Metal w/Shielded Ports |Plug-and-Play | Traffic Optimization | Unmanaged (TL-SG108)
  • QNAP is also connected to the Network Switch
  • My phone and iPad all connect wirelessly through the Mesh Network
  • My MacBook Pro is connected to the switch with an ethernet cable
  • Bluesound is plugged into a Synergistic Research QLS6, which is plugged into a Shunyata Venom ps8m model US120 ( I only have two outlets for my main system, my Spectral Amp is plugged directly into the wall, so everything else has to go through the Power purifiers.)

Thanks for helping! I have three more Bluesound Node 2i’s arriving tomorrow to replace my Sonos connects!

PS: it happen about 90 minutes after I first sent this. In the middle of shuffling my international fusion jazz genre it just disappeared in the middle of a song.

And twice today, 2/8/19

(Noris) #5

Hi @Richard_Guth,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. I am wondering if this issue could be due to multicast going wrong somewhere in the setup. I think that logs might help here, can I please ask you to:

• Note the exact local time of the next failure (ex. 11:06AM)
  • Manually retrieve the logs from your Nucleus using these instructions
  • Retrieve the logs from your BlueSound device (Navigate to IP Address in a web browser -> Diagnostics -> More -> Copy and paste the text into a text editor and save the info.
  • Send this info over to me as a shared Dropbox or Google Drive link, if you do not have either service I can provide an alternate upload method, just let me know.

I am also curious to hear if the 3 other Bluesound Node 2’s are experiencing the same issue, if they are then this would point further to networking and multicast discovery going wrong somewhere.

– Noris

(Richard Guth) #6

Thanks @noris for the response and info. It hasn’t happened since Sunday night when I was sleeping, so I don’t know the time. Hasn’t happened since - longest run so far!

I made some changes that might have helped.

1. I bought a audioquest C7 power cable for that bluesound and plugged it directly into the venom power purifier instead of the synergistic. (One less connection)
  2. I installed the other three bluesound nodes. So maybe they are supporting each other or Roon is less confused now that there are 4 of them and only 1 Sonos instead of 1 bluesound and 3 sonos.

I’ll get the logs and drop them in Dropbox for you if it happens again.

FYI, the bluesound nodes were not in sync when grouped in Roon the first few days. So I ran them as a zone via the bluesound app for a night and the next day Roon saw them As one node or zone and the music was in sync. Nice trick to know if it happens again, when I try to group them via Roon tomorrow.

(Noris) #7

Hi @Richard_Guth,

Glad to hear that the Node hasn’t disappeared since Sunday! The connections change may have helped but do let me know if it occurs again. As for the Bluesound sync issue this is something that we’re aware of and working with Bluesound to correct, you can take a look at this thread for more information.

Thanks,
Noris