ROCK Version 1.0 (build 256) production; Dell 3240 i5 16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Arris TG4482A

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Node, ethernet.

Number of Tracks in Library

1000 tracks

Description of Issue

Since last Friday, the Node has only been available over Airplay - does not show up as Roon Ready. I have factory reset the Node multiple times (it is connected via ethernet) and I have reinstalled the Roon Core and restarted the modem. I am not 100% sure but I think this started on Friday when I updated the Roon Core, but when I reinstalled it I used the original image so it reverted to how I had it before the upgrade. Also not 100% sure but I think there was a BluOS update recently as well.

There are quite a few threads on this already:

Yes I saw that :slight_smile: but only after I posted. I spent a large part of the day searching for answers online and nothing had come up. One thing to add that I had forgotten is that the Node was showing as Roon Ready after the last BluOS update. The issue arose when I moved the Node and it restarted.

Apparently the restart is what triggers it.

Nodes are nice little devices, but it seems that pre-release testing isn’t very high on the list of Bluesound’s priorities.

1 Like

The issue is a FW v3.20.45 bug, confirmed by their tech support today. The fix is to ask them to remotely roll back to FW 3.20.25 and avoid updating back to 3.20.45 until a newer version will be available.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.