Completely understand it may take some time and no problem at all
Regarding the additional info:
- Windows 10 PC: 54 Mbps download, 3.8 Mbps upload, 20ms ping
- MacBook Pro 13 (roughly at the same position): 40Mbps download, 2.9Mbps upload, 15ms ping.
So overall the MacBook Pro presents lower speeds but a bit faster ping.
- delay types
I experience 3 types of delay, sometimes occurring one after the other.
- Delay type A: play bar starts to move and there is no sound. Usually it takes 5 seconds before the music starts. The first 5 seconds of the track are therefore lost.
- Delay type B: The bar does not move and there is no sound. Usually it takes 8-9 seconds before the bar begins to move.
- Delay type C (the most rare): This is technically not a delay as the bar begins to move but there is no sound no matter how long I wait. I need to skip a track in order for the sound to begin again. I thought I should mention it as I encountered it in the test that I reported (with the logs provided).
When I start sliding the bar forward I initially experience type A delay only. If I skip again and then again I begin to experience type B immediately followed by type A delay. When this happens (after dragging the slider forward to about 2/3 of the track), the bar initially does not move at all for about 8 seconds (type B delay). It will then start moving but still there is no audio coming through. This takes 5 seconds (type A delay) and the audio comes back. This Type B + A delay occurs if I skip / slide forward a few times in quick succession (usually 3+). This delay also happened in my brief experiment I reported and hopefully the logs captured it.
Lastly, delay type C is quite rare but it did occur in my brief test. It happens if I skip tracks in succession and also slide the bar forward to fast forward. 5 - 6 skips can trigger it but not always. It will usually be Type B and then Type C in succession. This did happen in the brief test I ran.
All these issues indeed only occur when I send music to the Bluesound Flex 2i. No problems at all when I send music to the Allo Digi One as long as the latter is not grouped with the Bluesound. Once grouped, the problems occur the same way as when I am sending music to the Bluesound alone.
These problems of course go away completely when the MacBook Pro / Mac mini is used for the Roon Core.
Lastly (maybe useful), I also notice a delay on the Roon iOS app when the core is running on the Windows 10 PC. Launching the Roon app on my iPhone (frequently) takes 2-3 seconds before the connection to the Roon core is established. The app appears to be trying to connect for a few seconds.
Again, if the core is running on either the Mac mini or the MacBook Pro, the iOS connection is instant and snappy. This delay with the Roon Core on Windows 10, occurs regardless of Bluesound devices being used or not.
Quite interesting results. I am thankfully able to run the core on the Mac so my Roon experience is fine but I would love some insight regarding the combination of Windows 10 PC Roon Core and Bluesound devices.
All my problems with blue sound in the past year have been experienced with the Roon Core running on the Windows 10 PC so I am wondering whether there is something that stems from that combination alone.
Lets see what we find in due time.