BlueSound Pulse Flex 2i not recognized as Roon Ready

My Pulse Flex 2i was in the past recognized as Roon Ready.
After some updates the Flex 2i disappeared from the Audio List in Roon as Roon Ready.
Only Airplay will be availble.
The strangest behavior comes with a restart of the Flex. It flashes half a second as Roon Ready and disappears immediately.

I have the same effect independently if the Flex is connected by WiFi or cable.
Reboot of Roon wasn’t helpful either.

All other Bluesound components (Node 2, Node 2i, Powernode 2) do exactly what they should do. - They are available for Roon as Roon Ready. Only the Flex who works fine in the propriate Bluesound Network but not within Roon.

Any idea? Was there a change for the Roon Ready status of the Pulse Flex 2i?

There may be an update for the Flex you have not installed? This is usually the culprit when a device loses Roon Ready-ness :slight_smile:

I would suggest you check all endpoints and make sure all are on their latest firmwares.

Thanks for the advice. I always keep my components on the latest sofware. I checked through the device taht no upgrade is available. Software release is 3.18.7 being the latest one for the device (I also checked on the BS Firmware site directly).

Any further ideas?

Wolfgang I just wanted to check if you have rebooted network Router, Roon Core and endpoints.
It might seem strange but this can often fix the issues.
Try to reboot them in the order above.

I had a PowerNode and once it disappeared from Roon and that reboot fixed it.

1 Like

Michael, I just tried it in the recommended order. So it took a while. And for a few seconds the Flex 2i was available as Roon Ready. But it disappeared again from the Roon Ready Audio list.

:neutral_face:

Maybe something, some setting, changed on your Roon Core machine (hint: vSwitch active for example)?

Ok it’s a strange one, are you running Ethernet or WiFi?

I has to unplug the Ethernet cable on mine after a number of non explainable issues post a Bluesound update. Switched it to WiFi and never had another issue before taking it out 9f service a few months ago. I can’t explain it as it was a flat network that runs 1Gb at every point.

I made it.
I had to make a factory reset.
There must have been something very weird in Pulse.

Thanks to everybody supportiung me.

4 Likes

Great news and hopefully you can enjoy the music again now.

I just purchased a Flex 2i on the understanding its Roon Ready, but found it was only recognised via Airplay. Big issue for me because all my other endpoints are RAAT so I can’t group. I tried the factory reset suggestion in this thread and it made no difference.
Is this still an issue almost 1 year on (and Bluesound & Roon advertising this device as Roon Ready)?
If I return and buy a Pulse M will I have the same problem?

Bluesound broke it again. Look for a dozen threads in the Support forum. If you can get older firmware for Flex, you could roll it back and it should work. They might even fix it in the next firmware update.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just took a look at the BlueSound website and have downloaded the latest firmware for Flex – I think I already have this installed, but I’ll check tomorrow. I couldn’t see an earlier versions of firmware – if anyone has a RAAT working version I’d be interested. After a reset the Flex immediately checks for a new version of software which means you end up with Roon not Ready. Maybe an older version of firmware won’t do this automatically. I’ve also contacted the seller who is raising a support request with Bluesound – I’ll report back if I learn anything useful

Good luck!

In some of the other Bluesound threads people posted links to non-US Bluesound sites that appear to have older firmware versions. If you contact them (e.g. through BluOS Controller’s help function) they might give you older firmware and rollback instructions as well.

This is rhather ironic though, A NAD with BluOS MDC card I had for a while would not work properly with Roon without a factory reset of BluOS after an update. Now a factory reset breaks Roon readiness instead.

For what it’s worth, I have 2 Flexes, a Node, and a PowerNode here, and, knock on wood, all are on the latest firmware and all still show up in Roon. I’ve avoided doing any resets though.

They will most likely fix this, eventually, but I would keep a copy of known working firmware on hand just in case.

I have now resolved the problem with Flex. I contacted Bluesound through the BluOS app help function and they responded pretty quickly. They did a remote “downgrade” and then I was able to upgrade back to the latest version with Roon Ready support fully working. I’m really impressed with this little speaker now it is fully working and in my experience, with RAAT, the high frequencies are much sharper and the bass much less flabby (compression on airplay and Bluetooth??). It’s a fantastic addition to a Roon network to cover less critical listening areas such as kicthens and bathrooms.

2 Likes

Great, enjoy it!