Bluesound Sample Rate Conversion and grouped zone dropouts

For the record I would like to confirm that the sample rate of my Pulse Mini is also always converted to 48KHz (either down- or up sampled depending on the source). This does not happen with my Node 2.

Also I have experienced my Bluos devices (Node 2 and Pulse Mini) to become undiscoverable by Roon, while the Bluesound app can see them fine. Only power cyclling the Bluos devices makes them visable again. However, I’ve just updated my players to 2.10.6, so I will report back if this happens again.

My Pulse mini is always 48kHz, as others have stated. I only have the one Bluesound device, but it has been very reliable with Roon.

I have 5 Bluesound products (Node 2, Soundbar, Mini, 2 x Flex) and 2 other RAAT RoonBridge (RPi) endpoints. Have found them to connect very reliably. 2 of the Bluesound products are wifi, others are ethernet.

Todays Bluos update 2.10.9 fixed the sample rate problem of some Bluesound devices. My Pulse Mini is playing at 192/24 just fine now! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great to hear

That’s good news. Sometimes better to take a little time and do things right.

It works!

But it does some DSP (Crossfade and EQ) on my Pulse Flex, even tho I haven’t DSP enabled?

Anyone else experienced something simillar?

yes, there is new information on the BS devices in Roon. “Crossover and EQ” on mine.

It’s the DSP BlueSound is applying internally. See also their statement here: https://helpdesk.bluesound.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3994

Awesome news, thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

Really disappointed that the 48khz bug is gone, but now I have constant dropouts on all my BS devices. This was actually better, more listenable before. Nothing is easy…