Box sets and double albums tags issues

I can’t quite get round the way Roon handles box sets and multidisc albums.

In the metadata of my box sets, I always make the album name ALBUM NAME … Disc 1 or ALBUM NAME CD1, CD2, etc, Thus there is clear differentiation between the individual cd’s making up a set in my collection within the tags them selves. However in ROON when scanning such albums, they just appear as anonymous duplicates in the collection, eg

Keith Jarrett / Live at the Bluenote, appears identically 6x over.

Even if i select to use the file version! Pardon my french but what the fudge?

I hope this will be addressed as I am having to revert to checking file locations and manually editing the tags myself within roon for such anomalies. Needless to say, for the most part, Im just not bothering with 100’s of box sets and double albums to go through.

Please address!! <-<-sorry, bit rude… I meant, it would be great if this was put as a priority item :slight_smile:

@David_Haesler - it would appear that you are explicitly doing what Roon recommends NOT to do

Try following the guidelines, and I think the majority of your issues will get resolved…

Great! Good job you’re here Geoff, to point me in the right direction :slight_smile: - ill do some experimenting tonight…

cheers!

Hah! Brilliant. It works like a charm.

Ive subfoldered a few sets and they appear as one image now in albums with a subdivision in the album for the individual discs… for those reading this and wanting a quick pointer, follow this protocol (taken directly from the FAQ link Geoff provided):

Music/
Miles Davis - The Complete Columbia Album Collection/
01-01 Track.flac
01-02 Track.flac

02-01 Track.flac
02-02 Track.flac

Pink Floyd: Discovery/
01-01 Track.flac
01-02 Track.flac

02-01 Track.flac
02-02 Track.flac

And this will work just as well: