Boygenius "The Record" released today; Qobuz has it -- Roon does not

Probably because Roon isn’t aware yet that the album is available on Qobuz. I’ll bet it will work once Roon syncs with Qobuz again.

1 Like

This always happens when there is a popular new release.

Roon doesn’t pretend to offer real time sync with streaming services. It always takes a day or two for services and Roon to sync and it always has.

The reason is that syncing with Roon requires the streaming services to provide a greater amount of data than simply using an embedded plug in for such services.

So listen to the streaming services directly until Roon syncs.

6 Likes

Bought it on Bandcamp (24/48!), downloaded to Roon Core, worked like a charm. Happy to send 'em my $10 (and I will be seeing them at Coachella in two weeks, and again this summer here in NorCal).

4 Likes

But how comes most of friday’s new releases on Qobuz do sync immediately, only some do not.
There’s no logic in there, as they do play via Qobuz.

By the time you have finished debating the subject it will be there

It’s in Tidal South Africa FWIW

3 Likes

listened to it in MQA in Tidal yesterday; sounds great, so ordered the LP from Amazon, which should be here today.

I bought it at Qobuz yesterday

Strangely it’s now showing up in my Roon Qobuz library

But not in my Roon Library

Listening to it now so I suppose in a strange way Roon has expanded my musical experience.

.sjb

The record is now available in Roon.

I still think it should have been available yesterday (and please don’t post replies saying how great Roon is and how complicated things are and how I should just be patient). Roon is for music nerds and music nerds want music on RELEASE DAY. Anything short of that is a fail, IMHO, and we shouldn’t settle for it’s hard (when every other tom, dick and harry streaming service gets it done (again, don’t tell me this is hard). Okay, no back to our corners. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not via ARC for me still not showing up only get the two eps.

The only possible conclusion the social sciences can draw is: some do, some don’t.

Ernest Rutherford

I suspect that impatience is rather associated with a particular personality type and has nothing at all to do with ‘music-nerdyness’…

8 Likes

Quite correct @Andreas_Philipp1. I’m a music nerd (I think) and don’t mind waiting. I can still listen on the Qobuz app. Is it (waiting for Roon/Qobuz sync) perfect? No. But what is?

Because in some instances Qobuz (same applies to Tidal) pre-announce the new release in their data set that is supplied to Roon … when this happens Roon can get ahead of game and have it ready for the day of release.

If the album is not pre-announced then Roon will not be aware of it on the day of release and has to wait for the streaming service to add it to their DB so that it can be ingested into the Roon ecosystem … and it’s these factors that results in the latency (typicaly just a day or two).

it was available in Roon yesterday, via Tidal, not Qobuz.

1 Like

For all the folks defending the delay, I see it differently. The delay is akin to saying you installed Kohler Numi toilets in your house, but sometimes you don’t mind them not working, so periodically, you shrug your shoulders and go poop outside in the snow.

Roon says it’s “The audiophile player for music fanatics”.

I would argue that expecting Roon to have the 15-20 featured records released each Friday by their two streaming partners available for their users is not a high expectation. Qobuz and Tidal certainly have a schedule of their featured releases that extends months in advance that Roon could use to coordinate those releases. It doesn’t have to have EVERY release from every artist – but the 15-20 that Tidal and Qobuz are featuring each week as important releases should be there with Tidal and Qobuz (and all the non-Roon streaming partners) and the artist’s availability.

You all can poop outside if that’s your expectation. I expect when I buy the ultimate toilet, in my case the Kohler Numis, for them not only to work but to provide an amazing experience EVERY time (and on my schedule – not theirs). And I’ll expect Roon to have featured releases on Release Day without fail. Peace! Out!

2 Likes

You just made my point…

I absolutely and unequivocally agree with this.

It’s bizarre to me that anyone would come into this thread and try to characterize this legitimate issue as a “patience” problem. It is not relevant if you, personally, don’t watch the music industry, follow your favorite artists, wait expectantly for their releases, play them on your best equipment at their best quality on release day. That’s fine. But some of us do that.

I have reasonably nice equipment but I don’t call myself an audiophile. I just love, love music. When I get the Qobuz weekly mail announcing new releases, and they announce that the album of the week is an album I’ve been waiting for, it’s astonishing to me that I can’t go to Roon and play it. I’m committed to Roon in the sense that it is the only way that I currently play digital music on my HiFi and my headphone setups. It’s literally the only way. I’m absolutely sure I could figure out other ways to do it but, as a Roon customer who has made the bet on Roon as the playback interface for my streaming services, I shouldn’t have to do that to play the “Album of the Week” on Qobuz.

Why in the world would anyone feel justified in explaining to me or someone like me that I should just wait? That’s nuts.

9 Likes

Well, but it is…

Me too, and there’s so much of it that having to wait 24 little hours for a new release to show up in Roon is just moot…

1 Like

The issue is related to the dumps (no pun intended) that Qobuz and Tidal provide for Roon. The info for many albums is provided well in advance of the release date. For some albums the info is not provided in advance. I have no idea why, but that’s how it works. If there was a simple solution to overcoming the problem being discussed in this thread, then why haven’t Roon implemented it? We can’t change how things are, in this instance, but we can change our responses. It’s not great, but are we really going to stress over 24 hours?