Boygenius "The Record" released today; Qobuz has it -- Roon does not

Yep agree. It happens too often. Lana Del Rey album last week was known about being released on that day since January. Roon needs to work on a better model at getting this data. It claims this better integration yet it can’t get the data that I can with every other app that supports Qobuz.

2 Likes

But often it’s way longer and at times it doesn’t show at all as it’s broke somewhere. Many albums in past are awol until we flag. Their pipe needs work as this should not happen and should be as good as the integration I get from apps on my phone that cost £4.99

1 Like

But we all know that Roon uses different date from the simple integration that is used with other apps. Qobuz and Tidal have a release schedule, but they don’t always provide the necessary data in advance. Hence the problem being discussed every Friday!

That’s true and should be addressed.

For long awaited releases of my favorite artists that I have to have on release day I would buy them anyway …

That doesn’t make me less of a music nerd

1 Like

Yes it’s out of date data and that’s the problem. It’s a premium metadata service it should not be out of date. Doesn’t matter what the method is they use . If it’s not possible with their current system then the system needs changing, it all just feels like an excuse to me, like most of Roons flaws and we are expected to just roll over and except it.

That’s what happens when there’s a market monopoly. Roon does not have any direct competitors in terms of overall package. Hence @Andreas_Philipp1’s point about patience. If something isn’t going to change then what can we do? Apart from enjoying some other music whilst we wait. :wink:

I mean, yeah it would be nice and maybe arguable that Roon should ensure that releases are available on release day. Fair enough.

However, the attempts to label only the people who are up in arms over a one day delay as TRUE music nerds are a bit ridiculous

3 Likes

This is Roons biggest problem as there is nothing close to make them take stock and up the game in areas it really needs to.

1 Like

“I want what I want and I want it NOW.” What in the world difference does it make if you get it today or tomorrow or next week? You lived this long without it, you can make it another couple days.

2 Likes

This discussion is taking a new direction. Getting all worked up about such a petty detail like availability of a new release at its release day is one thing. Conflating this with what would be impacting Roon flaws is another thing. And there are flaws and no, we should not just roll over and accept it. I would even agree that the delayed availability of releases can be perceived as a flaw; but then, there are so many much bigger and more impacting flaws waiting to be addressed…

We can point out the flaws and then, if and when we feel that they aren’t being addressed, and if we feel that Roon’s value doesn’t keep up with its cost, we can decide to call it hasta la vista… Other than that, I maintain my point that a little patience goes a long way, and that impatience has nothing at all to do with someone’s love for music.

6 Likes

I think this is an inversion of what’s happening here. The judgement is coming in the other direction in the form of “you need to be patient” as if “patience” is the issue. I don’t think anyone is saying that you only love music if you listen on release day. That would be silly :slight_smile:

The back and forth here isn’t helpful. Showing up here and saying “I would like to listen to records on release day” and having members of the Roon community show up and say “Relax” “Be Patient” “Listen to something else” is, as I said, nuts. It’s fine if you think that but do you really need to come here and say it or would everyone be better served if you just helped create space for people with different opinions and preferences to be able to express them without being crapped on?

Ok I think this subject has been well and truly flogged to death.
The reasons behind any delays are well known and have been published here by more than one member already.
Whether you agree or not does not change the facts at this stage.
Just going round and round in circles at this point so let’s just try and keep on topic at least to this point only.
If you want to start a new thread on your perception of Roon flaws you are free to do so.

1 Like

Full album now available via Qobuz on Roon. I only had 4 tracks earlier.

Edit - oops already covered.

1 Like

Amazon had it, even if Roon did not.

sounding great.

3 Likes

I listened to it from Qobuz → on Roon yesterday with no issue. Perhaps a regional issue?

But Roon is not a streaming service so not a fair comparison.

2 Likes

4 Likes

An apt image to illustrate how both “sides” tend to go a bit overboard.

If ever a discussion deserved the description “first world problem”, this would be it. (Comment posted from a “developing” country, btw.)

11 Likes