Brand new NUC with ROCK playback halting [Resolved]

I just built a NUC8i3BEH with 8gb ram and 256gb disk. I have ROCK Version 1.0 (build 227) installed, and no music library yet. I’m just using Tidal at this point. It worked okay for a few days, but now playback keeps pausing, so there’s 2 second dead air at least a couple times a minute. I can play Tidal fine on my PC, FireTV, PixelXL. It’s just Roon that has the problem.

It does not sound like it’s a Nuc problem.
This is indicative of a network problem more likely.

Can you provide network and connection details?
Roon does not do well generally on WiFi for sure.

Unfortunately Tidal working well on its own is not a good indicator that there is not a network issue.
Roon is much more demanding of it’s network resources that just Tidal or Qobuz on their own.

3 Likes

Hi Kevin, thanks so much for the really quick reply. I’m hardwired, no wifi… but I think I may have just had a loose hdmi cable. I adjusted them all, and now it’s working. Sorry about that. I’ll let you know if the problem resurfaces. Cheers, Al

2 Likes

Got to love the easy fixes!
Hope that’s all it was and you can continue to enjoy the Roon experience!

Btw… Welcome to Roonworld!

1 Like

Now there is a first…anyway ill move this to the support category and maybe you can close it with a solution of your own.

Lol. I mean I have Wifi in the house, but I also ran Cat 5 everywhere and plug in whenever possible…

Thanks for the great tech support, I’m impressed with your team’s responsiveness
Cheers, Al

3 Likes

Not the team, the community. Other Roon users.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.