Bricasti M5, trouble with two streamers

QNAP HS-4530DS

I have much enyoyed Roon for more than 3 years. I had a Bricasti M5 streamer (Bricasti media version 1.2) that works well with Roon. I have added a second, identical M5 for another zone and Roon only sees one M5. If I disconnect one M5 it seese the other one. So it seems a problem with two streamers with the same name, but I cannot change the name. I have updated the SD card inside the Bricasti, and their support now tells me it is a Roon issue. There was a post more than a year ago with a similar issue. The two M5 are correctly pinged in my ethernet setup with two different addresses. Please advise.

Thanks

I think there needs to be a unique identifier in the firmware. For instance if you clone something like Ropieee to two Raspberry Pi devices they will trip Roon up, but if you burn them individually they identify as unique devices. Also I have purchased the headless version of AudioLinux and I have it on two machines but could only use one at a time. To use it twice I’d have to buy another copy. I will flag @support and suggest that they raise this with Bricasti.

Hi @eleatic_reader,

Can you share some details on your current networking setup (including networking hardware) and how all of these devices are connected?

Moving forward, I’d like to enable diagnostics on your account. First, I was hoping you could connect both devices to the network and then reboot both devices and your Roon Core. Once you’ve done this navigate to Settings > Audio and note the time that you do so.

Respond here with that time and your timezone and I’ll enable diagnostics in your account so we can reference the report for that time.

Thanks!

Thanks dylan. I have done as you suggested and restarted now, 7:42 US central time. I sill see only one of the M5 (192.168.1.93). The other one is 192.168.1.30 but I can only see it if I disconnect the other.

I had a similar problem -

Hi @eleatic_reader,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hi @eleatic_reader,

I discussed this with the team today and wanted to reach out with an update. We will be reaching out to Bricasti and investigating this issue with their team. We will be sure to update you when more information is available.

Thanks!

thanks Dylan, looking forward to a solution

Hi Dylan:

any news? Still can’t use both M5 with Room. Could let me know the status? Much appreciated, thanks in advance,

Giulio

The issue has been resolved by Bricasti sending me 2 new chips for the M5, thanks to Joe at Bricasti and Dylan.

1 Like

Great result.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.