Bricasti M5 won't connect to network

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Widows 10 PC with latest Roon firmware
TEXT GOES HERE
Motorola modem/Netgear R6250 router
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Bricasti M5
TEXT GOES HERE
Exogal Comet Plus DAC via USB from Bricasti M5. Using ethernet cabling (Supra Cat8 and SOTM Cat7). No WiFi.
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE
I was able to get it up and running for a few hours when I first got the Bricasti after restarting my PC and router several times (the sound was sublime by the way). I started having dropouts and finally no sound at all. Now, The Bricasti standby light just blinks and never goes solid. I 've tried restartng the PC and router many times. No go. Please help! Jeff Lazicki
Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hello @Jeff_Lazicki, do you have any issues playing content to the Bricasti outside of Roon? Does it show up in Settings>Audio?

It does show up in Settings>Audio in Roon, however, the standby red light on the front of the M5 just blinks and there is no sound. I haven’t tried anything but Roon. As I said earlier, it worked for me for a couple of hours then I lost it. Thank you for your reply and best regards. Jeff Lazicki

Hello @Jeff_Lazicki, does this happen if you connect the M5 directly to the core?

I still get no sound when connecting the core (Roon on my Windows PC) to the Bricasti M5 (bypassing the WiFi router).

Hello @Jeff_Lazicki, could you please try reinstalling drivers from the manufacturer’s site and rebooting to see if this resolves the issue?

Hi Nuwriy: I fixed my problem. I was reading online various websites (Audiogon and Computer Audiophile) and many are using high end ethernet switches in their systems. I bought and English Electric 8 Switch with a 30 day money back return policy and bingo. I have music! I connect my Motorola cable modem to the router via ethernet. Then, I connect the router to the English Electric via ethernet . Lastly, I’ve plugged my Windows 10 PC (Roon Core source) and ethernet cable to my audio system into the English Electric. I’ve read that some people are even using two switches in their system. The switch some how boosts the audio signal. Thank you for all of your help. Good listening. Jeff Lazicki

Hello @Jeff_Lazicki, that’s awesome news! Please let me know if you have any further questions, we’re happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.