Bryston Asus system

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Asus Q551L, Windows 10, I don’t know how to find the build number.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Arris SB6141 mode, Netgear AC1750 model R6700 router, Asus Q551L, wired ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bryston BDP2

Description Of Issue
I would like to know if it is possible and how to disable the files stored on the Asus and play only from the SSD in the Bryston.

Thank you

Music needs to be either on a network share or locally attached to the Roon core for Roon to see it.

For music to be seen from the BDP it must allow it’s storage to be a shared over the network by SMB. Then you would add this network share to the storage in Roon instead of music on the core machine.

However, by doing this your then adding in an extra network hop to your music playback as all music has to pass through the Roon core and then back to the playback device . So your would be routing from the BDP to Roon and then from Roon back to the BDP via RAAT.

Make sure you have enabled smb1 file shares in Windows as it’s turned off by default these days and allow Roon full access through your firewall.

Hi @James_Putti,

Are you able to access the Bryston’s storage over the network? If so, you can enter the path into Roon and add it as a watched folder.

Is the media on the Bryston the exact same as what’s already on the Asus?

@James_Putti

I don’t think you can accomplish that. I have two BDP-1 players. The BDP USB connected drive is designed for music files to be played via MPD. Using the Roon architecture, you need to have the files accessible to the Roon Core. If you want to confirm with Bryston, call Chris Rice at Bryston in Canada. He designed the BDP Manic Moose software. You can also find him on audiocircle.com under the handle unincognito. Bryston is super helpful and should be able to confirm.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.