Bryston BDA-3 DAC does not appear in Audio tab

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Antipodes Audio S30 and Bryston BDA-3 DAC : both of them hardwired connected to the internet through Ethernet CAT8 cable using a D-LINK DGS 105 Ethernet switch, and connected together through a USB cable.

Connected Audio Devices

Antipodes Audio S30, Bryston BDA-3 DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

12,333 tracks

Description of Issue

My Bryston BDA-3 DAC does not appear in the Audio tab. I can only see the Antipodes S30. If this audio device is activated the Bryston BDA-3 DAC does not receive any signal. I have a trial license of Roon but I cannot use it before resolving this issue.

Hi @Bernard_Brendle,

The most likely cause of this is that the Bryston is not selected as the active audio output in the Antipodes settings web interface.

I strongly recommend reaching out to Antipodes directly or your dealer for support with this, they will be best positioned to help.

If Antipodes determines something is functioning incorrectly with Roon, they will be able to reach out to us directly.

Keep us updated on your status, we obviously do not want your trial to expire while you are figuring this out.

-John

Hi John,

Sorry, I missed to give you this information. The Bryston is well selected as the active audio output in the Antipodes setting interface (see attached screenshot).

Bernard

Hi @Bernard_Brendle,

Thanks for the screenshot, it looks like you’ve got the output handled correctly.

The Antipodes S30 is a Roon Ready device—it should appear in the Settings > Audio screen in Roon as it is in your screenshot. It will not expose the Bryston (or any connected DAC) separately like a normal computer would.

Based on the information at hand, I’m unsure how Roon could be causing this behavior. There’s nothing I could tell you to do or try to fix this—it should just work if you’e set the output correctly.

If Roon was having an issue sending the audio stream to the S30, it would throw an error. It would also throw an error if the Linux subsystem on the S30 told Roon that there was a problem.

Something is happening in-between the S30 and the BDA-3 that is causing it to not lock onto / not receive the incoming audio.

Antipodes support is best positioned to help you figure out what’s going on here.

-John

1 Like

Hi John,

I don’t know if this has anything to do with my problem, but the Bryston BDA-3 has only an IPv4 address. Other audio devices have both an IPv4 and IPv6 address.

Bernard

Hi John,

I hadn’t seen your reply before sending my last message. I am going to contact Antipodes support but before that I want to make sure that I understood you correctly: it is perfectly normal that the BDA-3 (like any other DAC behind the S30) does not show up in the list of audio devices. Is it correct?

Thank you.

Bernard

Hi John,
For your information and to close this topic, Antipodes support has corrected the problem due to a bug in their software.
Thank you.
Bernard

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.