Buchardt I150 - anyone else? ;)

Hi,
the v10.7 was avail from a temporary download folder from Buchardt. They were chasing a nasty ‘silent problem’ which made the amp go literally silent during operation when a sub was involved. Solved finally with v10.3 and later versions. In the 10 versions developers also worked on the loudness curve which determines where 'loud’ is on the dial. The main problem to me with the v10.4 is the flawed roomEQ part part where the bass was crazily loud and needed manual EQ on top. Not the case with 10.3 and 10.7. As said this takes a sub and Buchardt’s sub integration feature to become a problem. You can find my comments here: https://forum.buchardtaudio.com/forum/public-discussions/feedback-suggestions/4923-v10-4-beta-feedback
Regarding your problem I would contact Buchardt (by email which is what they prioritise). Also make sure to try a factory reset which always is a good idea when you come across odd behaviour of the amp. YMMV.

Thanks for the information. very helpful. Yes, I am in email exchange with them already.

I actually didn’t realise there is a dedicated Buchardt forum. I’ll continue on there.

hi,
I guess I know the answer but I will still ask my question.
Do you think it is possible to manage the I50 ANALOG volume control via Roon? e.g. plugging a ropieee device behind it?
Thanks

You need a streamer (like Ropieee) to feed the I150 anyway. But even with a RoonReady streamer you don’t have any leverage on the analog volume control in the amp. To me that’s no big deal. However a bit less comfortable for sure. But that doesn’t harm SQ. Sometimes RR is overrated.

Thanks for your answer
In case I lock the volume on the preamp section and decide to use my roon ready streamer for volume control, will I still benefit from the LLE feature or is it linked to the volume control of the device? Do you know?

• are you still experiencing issues with the app?