BUG in 1.8 : Radio metadata not displayed on mobile in certain cases [Ticket In]

Radio metadata is sometimes not displayed on mobile (iOS/iPhone8) in the Now Playing screen. This occurs when Roon is not able to “match” the artist and track name with an album from its database. It happens quite often and is a regression from 1.7.
Thanks for fixing it!
NB: all is good on tablets and desktop.

1 Like

@support is there a ticket in for this ? Quite annoying to miss radio metadata on mobile

1 Like

Hi @alec_eiffel

We are looking into this. Can you share a screenshot of this occurring for you?

Thanks for looking into this @dylan.
I can reproduce the bug it occurs when Roon is unable to match the metadata sent by the radio provider with Roon database. Instead of displaying the raw metadata in the Now Playing Screen (like in 1.7) it just displays nothing. Affects only mobile, not tablets or desktop.
Here’s an example: “The Mayries - Everything I wanted” is not displayed in Now Playing Scree

1 Like

Just to add a datapoint, this happens to me on Android mobile as well. For instance with (the superb) FIP metadata streams.

1 Like

Ticket is in so I guess this will be fixed in a future release :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @dylan and @ivan
Rémi reports bug still present. Re-opening thread for any follow up.

1 Like

I’m still experiencing this too, on my iPhone 11. iPad Air and iPad Pro are fine.

Michael

1 Like

@dylan any fix on the horizon ? It’s even worse these days as auto recognition of metadata is broken —> no more Live Radio metadata on mobile :frowning: :frowning:

1 Like

Just to keep the ball rolling, this is still happening…

There were some back-end changes in the recent release that were a prerequisite for fixing this for good. Now that these changes have been implemented, we have some additional work planned to resolve this. I can’t provide any specific timelines, but this is something that has seen some movement behind the scenes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.