Bug in Composition Display?

I do not understand what’s happening here… One example out of several:

Album is identified by Roon. Roon is telling me that tracks 4-6 are Ravels Piano Concerto in G major. Seems odd on a disc of Violin Sonatas.

Checking AllMusic

Checking my file tags

FILE, WORK and PART seem consistent to me

Where does Roon get the idea from, that this is a total different composition?

Checking Preference Settings:

So let’s try to change that to “Prefer Roon”

Now it’s correct, but why was it wrong with “Prefer File”?

Next Example:

My library import settings

EMI Box of Jean Martinons Debussy and Ravel recordings, Disc 8

Two times the same composition? I believe not…Tags for track 1-3 tell otherwise

checking AllMusic

AllMusic seems to agree with me…

On the album identification:

Album preference settings

I can already tell you: changing it from “Prefer Roon” to "Prefer File "does not change anything…

Lots of questions…

Where do these wrongly attributed compositions come from?

What the hell is the logic behind this? This drives me nuts… “Prefer File” does not seem to be “Prefer File”… If it’s not - what is it?

Why do I get a “Prefer Roon” setting for compositions on an album that I never edited, when I set the global settings to “Prefer File”. I see this on a regular basis. How is this supposed to work?

I just encountered the same problem with the Debussy/Ravel - Martinon box. The correct information is on my file tags and in Roon’s metadata, but I can’t coax Roon to display the G major concerto.

SK

2 posts were split to a new topic: Incorrect composers displayed

Hi @Klaus_Kammerer1,

Apologies on the delay here! I discussed this with the team and we were hoping you’d be able to share this album with us so we can take a closer look at what you’re experiencing here.

If possible, please zip this album and send it to us via a shared Dropbox link in a Private Message here on the site.

Hi @Klaus_Kammerer1,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved. Thanks again for the report!

1 Like

@support I’d really like to hear your opinion on this behaviour. Is this intended behaviour? If yes, what does the library import setting “prefer file” for composition/grouping actually do?

I can attest to this phenomenon too. I care less about how these bad titles are being generated. I care more about Roon not reacting to user changes to fix the bad titles.

1 Like

@support,

I just checked the track listings for the Martinon Debussy/Ravel box. Now Roon displays both concertos as the G Major concerto. The left-hand concerto is there, but identified as the G Major. My metadata and Roon’s are still correct.

SK