Build 102 RoonServer Not Responding, Error, Started, Running - Loop

After upgrading to RoonServer build 102 the Roon Status messages in the systray keep looping from Started to Running to Not Responding to Error in a continuous cycle. I can’t connect to the server from any Roon remote for more than a couple seconds.

I uninstalled Roon and the settings and database, then reinstalled Roon. Everything worked great when it imported my Tidal favorites and I pointed Roon at a small folder containing 20 tracks. As soon as I point Roon at a folder with thousands of files, I get this cycle of “Started to Running to Not Responding to Error” and I can’t connect to the server.

It’s unusable right now. All help is appreciated.

Hey @ComputerAudiophile – I’m going to send you a PM, we’ll get some logs and take a look. Stand by.

Thanks @mike. PM and logs sent!

I think I found the issue. RoonServer was choking on my MP3 and M4A (non DRM) files. When I removed those files from my storage device RoonServer was fine.

Now, I’d like the long term fix that will enable me to put those files back in my library.

Hey @ComputerAudiophile,

Glad you are up and running. Would you mind to share these files with us, so we can fix the issue from our end? I’m going to follow up via PM for more details.

Thanks.

@vova PM sent to you with link.

Thank you, @ComputerAudiophile.