Build 102 Sonics?

Connuing the discussion from Roon 1.1 (Build 102) is live!:

Scoff all you want but this build sounds MUCH better than the last build.

More body, air and dimension are my first thoughts. Dynamics also improved!

Hope we can have a thread like this for every build that comes out. That would be super awesome.

2 Likes

Iā€™m getting an increased sense of palpability, with a hint darker inkiness ā€¦.

:wink:

2 Likes

Veils, man. We need to know about the veils.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œG997, post:2, topic:7669, full:trueā€]
Scoff all you want but this build sounds MUCH better than the last build.

More body, air and dimension are my first thoughts. Dynamics also improved!
[/quote]its got to do with the number of lines of code to be compiled. If the number is prime youā€™re in luck, rest of the time youā€™ll be starved for air, limited to a single dimension and increased compression to remove those pesky dynamics.

Occasionally the lines of code may represent a fibonacci sequence. When that occurs the resulting sonics will induce euphoria and those builds will become known as the Golden Ear releases. Many followers will refuse interim upgrades, waiting on their deathbed for the next Golden Ear release.

3 Likes

Tough group here and obviously not audio guysā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m waiting for the next Golden Ear release.

No - none of us have systems good enough to hear the difference :smirk:

Just a bit of light-hearted banter @G997 :wink:

I think there are very definitely audio peeps here, and not tough at all - perhaps just quite pragmatic and level-headed.

If you heard an improvement in SQ then no-oneā€™s saying you didnā€™t. But for some of us (like me) that have had similar experiences in the past, have come to believe by and large these things are more likely combinations of factors related to your body, energy levels, amount of rest, fluctuations in external influences like changes is power supply or household noise, or simply that you are ā€˜listening out forā€™ or imagining that there ā€˜could beā€™ an improvement in SQ, rather than code changes making a difference.

Having said that, no doubt one of the developers will now crop up and say they changed the output code or whatever, and Iā€™ll have to sit and listen more carefully until I can detect the improvement. It is sounding nice today :wink: