Build 1392 through 1401: Album Covers Missing, Orphaned Tracks from Compilation Albums [Roon Investigating]

Plz merge the topics from this user opened 3 topics

1 Like

Have you tried clearing the image cache on your device (Roon > :gear: > Setup > Clear image cache)?

1 Like

Please don’t post duplicate Support requests. It won’t get your issue solved any quicker and in fact is more likely to confuse the Support team.

I have deleted your duplicates.

1 Like

Catch has been emptied but the problem still exists.

Sorry, that wasn’t intentional…

The latest update triggered a library rescan, so maybe something went amiss during that process. A couple of quick questions: have the albums that are missing covers been correctly identified in Roon, and what setting do you use regarding album artwork, i.e. ‘Prefer Best’, ‘Prefer Roon’, or ‘Prefer File’?

2 Likes

I prefer artwork as best as Roon can’t find covers for some albums or displays the wrong ones.

More than 150 cover images are missing and this is only after the update. If I now have to search for covers every time I update, then I won’t use Roon anymore. I don’t have these problems with Linn and Innuos apps.
You’re messing up and blaming the user…

1 Like

I’m a user like you, and not trying to blame you, just troubleshoot your problem. My next step, if you’re interested, would be to check an album that is missing the artwork for a) the presence of a cover image in the same folder as the tracks for the album, and b) that Roon is still set to ‘Prefer Best’ for that album. If the artwork is definitely there, then try ‘Prefer File’. If that doesn’t work, hopefully support will have something useful to add.

Two further points.

First, has your server finished the library rescan following the update? If not, things might resolve when it has.

Second, if the rescan has finished, try rebooting the machine that hosts Roon Server.

3 Likes

What happens when you Clear cache in Settings > Setup?

Hello, I thought you were from Roon, sorry. No cover images appear after the update. I opened an album but there is no cover art.
I also restarted the server, but nothing happens, even after reading in again.

@connor The same issues remain for me as well.

1 Like

And possibly a new instance:

Thanks for the attention.
But that doesn’t help.

The majority of the albums are “compilations”. But they have been on the server since 2019 and have always been displayed correctly and most of them were recognized by roon.

They will now be divided into several albums (which increases the number of albums in the overview) and then displayed without a cover.

Logically, the number of “unrecognized” albums also increases

Annotation:
Imprt setting: Use File
Album Cover: use File
Genre: use file

1 Like

No problem.

Unfortunately I’m out of ideas. Hopefully @support will be able to help you sort this out soon.

3 Likes

Hi @Jazzfan_NJ,

This remains a top priority, thanks for your patience and we’ll keep you updated when we have performance improvements here to share.

2 Likes

Hi @Rudiger_Birkemeyer,

I’m merging these reports for clarity. We’re aware of this issue and your report will reach development. Thank you for your patience.

3 Likes

Thanks for working on the these issues.

The good thing is that these issues do not adversely affect the usability of Roon since the issue only affects a very small percentage of my Roon library.

Now I’m just waiting for the re-scanning of my library files to finish, which looks like it will take about a week. :thinking:

Again, not a problem since Roon appears to working just fine while the re-scanning is going on.

1 Like

Hi @siegfried_Mengel,

Thank you for the report. Please see my posts above - we are aware of this issue and investigating accordingly. We’ll post here once we have an update.

To reiterate, for anyone finding “orphaned” tracks from Various Artists albums that appear as a duplicate album with missing artwork, please make sure you’ve restarted RoonServer and allowed a library rescan to complete. This will guarantee your RoonServer has indexed your library with the new build. We’re gathering diagnostics from there to investigate the remaining problem.

1 Like