Build 147 - "There was an issue loading your database"

@cgw ----- Contacting you via PM right now, please standby.

-Eric

@Eric I too am having this problem.

Thanks
Tom

@gmt ---- Sending you a PM right now, please standby. Thanks!

-Eric

I am having the same issue with my Synology implementation. Was working perfectly prior to the update. Immediately after the update, I could see my NAS on the startup screen with a yellow “light” and … “Initializing”. After some time, this is what I get:

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Hi @David_Korus ---- PMing you right now, please standby. Thanks!

-Eric

Had the same issue happen when the software updated today. Very similar to nakotic’s issue, except I attempted the upgrade directly on the Windows 10 PC running the Roon software. Roon completely dead in the water.

@Bradley_Reid ----- Thank you for the feedback, will contact you shortly via PM. Thanks!

-Eric

We are working on resolving this issue folks. We have found the problem, and are currently testing a fix.

If you’re having an issue, please let us know and we’ll make sure we look into it. Thanks for your patience everyone!

1 Like

One day from report to testing a fix. Pretty darn good if you ask me!

Cheers,
Jeff

I tried to update my software but I got an error message saying there was a problem with loading my database and that I should contact Roon. Not sure if this is the appropriate forum or not, but please help. I also sent an email as I was not sure how to go about this.

Hi @William_Rowe – this is the right place. Are you on Windows? Any idea if you’re running the 32 bit version of Roon?

I am on Windows 7. Not sure about the version of Roon, but I have kept up with all the updates.

Would you mind grabbing the installer off our website and updating your Core install? I think that should resolve this, but if you haven’t yet, maybe make a backup first.

We just released a fix for this issue, and I suspect if you update to the latest 32 bit Windows build (Version 149) you should be all set here.

Just let me know if you’re still stuck, ok?

What is the right way to update the new Roon Server? Do we just download and install and let Windows do the rest, like deleting the old build and rebuilding the database?

You should get a notification on your Remote.

Otherwise, on a Remote, go to Settings and you’ll see About in the top right of the pop up. There it will show you your Roon Server Library and your Remote(s). It will check for updates and install.

Cheers, Greg

Mike, It looks like some of the issues have been cleared up with a re-install, etc. Will the fix be pushed as soon as it’s ready or should those of us with problems try to reinstall the server? In particular, I’m having a problem with the Synology implementation. Eric collected my logs and some answers to questions yesterday so I know you guys are working hard and making progress.

Hi David,

I believe your issue is probably different. The issue that the others are having is with Windows 32 bit and the fix for them has been sent out.

Hopefully someone will be able to help soon.

Cheers, Greg

Hi David,
Can you try to restart Roon Server in the Package center?
If it does not work take a look at the log file in the Package center. Maybe there is information in there that helps to understand what is going on.

If all of that does not help you can also uninstall the package and reinstall it. The database won’t be touched by the installer and a new install should be able to find the database immediately.

Christopher,

Was working on this with Eric yesterday and sent the logs from my Mac (control). Just did what you suggested and am getting the same result. Issue began immediately after updating to 147. So, uninstalled and reinstalled on the Synology and did the same on the Mac. Restarted the NAS and the Mac. Still having the issue. Roon on the Mac says:

“Looking for remote libraries”

Here are some screenshots of the log from the Synology:

Was working perfectly prior to the 147 update.

Thanks in advance.

Sent logs yesterday. Whats happening? Want this issue fixed…