Build 259 UI Changes Feedback Thread

Working on it :wink:

11 Likes

When I press ‘Play Now’ I want it to play that track not queue up the track and play it. Unless of course I’ve specifically put my queue into non destructive mode. (Currently unavailable).

I would expect a menu option that said ‘Add Next and Play’ would do what you expect.

Thank you Roon! Appreciate the one click “play” feature. Something to look forward to when I get home from work tonight. Keep up the wonderful work fellas!

3 Likes

I agree that it should play the track immediately. But why should it clear the queue.
It should play the track and then continue with the rest of the queue.

8 Likes

The range of disagreement here speaks not for the feature being bad, or wrong, but for more configuration options.

12 Likes

Frustrating is that many of us dont-want-one-click users voted in the poll for “Add one click play button as an option”, so everybody would be happy.
That was a big mistake, as now we have the behaviour changed, but having it optional was dropped. Big fail.

3 Likes

I like the new play button. the whole screen popup was ugly

5 Likes

Finally this is implemented! For me it’s absolutely perfect now. Can’t wait for the iOS update.
Please don’t change it again… or at least wait another 2 years :slightly_smiling_face:

1 small thing I’d still like to see is a small 1 click play button(like the one on track level) within the album view.

2 Likes

The iOS update was already updated last night. Thought there would be a delay.

I’m a big fan of the one click behavior. Like being able to start from any point in album and it automatically continue with the rest.

Hi Steve,

Are you talking about one click while viewing a single album, because that already happens.

Or do you mean Album Browser, where it displays a bunch of albums.

Cheers, Greg

I meant on the albums view (where you see them all) and in the overview screen as well.
However the ios update just came in and I see a long press now also brings up a 1 click play button ! Excellent :grinning:

2 Likes

Ah yes. Also works as right click with Mac and Windows.

Cheers, Greg

We gave it a little head start, so it could all be released together.

It’s still slightly behind but they’ll be synced up shortly once Apple approves Build 259, with just a few minor changes (like queue time remaining on the Add To Queue button).

yeah, nice touch

Like any change it takes a bit getting used to but should keep most of us happy. A few more default options in settings would probably sort most other issues.

.sjb

@Rugby reminded us that we’d forgotten it from the old design :slight_smile:

1 Like

So far, so good…

Love the one tap/click feature! Well done guys!

1 Like

For me I have to remember that I need to always press the down arrow as I rarely want to play now but usually want to add to the queue or if not play next.

I would prefer some option to make the default my most used choice (for me this add to queue) and then only use the down arrow if I want to do something different.

Of course the main button should say add to queue rather than play now if that was the default I had setup.

9 Likes

I agree with @philr that add to queue should be the first option. I would propose to make this menu use ordered, i.e. the order in the option list shoud automatically change based how many times it was used. Like this it would individually adapt to the user’s preferred behavior. This should include the play now button as the most frequent choice of the list.

2 Likes

I would prefer to have an option for setting these defaults. Imagine if you are teetering on the border between the 2 “learned options” and it keeps switching from one to the other; or after a hard night partying it switches, when you are used to the other way. Oh the frustration :slight_smile:

1 Like