Build 354 - Displays Feedback

Hey @Peter_Leinslie,

First try to give your Core machine a reboot. If that doesn’t yield any change, can you please share a screenshot of the following once you’ve opened the url in your browser:

• Settings > Display
  • The Display selection menu
    • This can be found by selecting the volume icon and then the display icon during playback, as seen below:

Thanks!
Dylan

A lightweight internet browser remote would be far more desirable for me than a now playing display.

I don’t have a need for it, but I can definitely see a use for now playing or lyrics on a TV screen. But genuinely struggling to find a situation where a now playing web browser page would be useful…

Stranger still that the same display isn’t available in Roon itself?

1 Like

Works perfectly, thanks!

After reboot:

Um, don’t you need to click on the “Enable” button? Once enabled, you should see it replaced by the gearwheels icon.

The Roon team are working on the “forehead problem”:

1 Like

Made some changes, same result:

Peter

SOLVED - patience. Begins updating at start of next song. Once you turn on the display is it static or should it advance as the song plays. I have tried on several browsers and Shield and it remains static once activated.

Do you have any plans to bring this feature to Apple TV?

Works for Mac but is unstable on iPad. Appears but returning to the Settings…Display screen and the iPad listing suddenly disappears and the browser goes back to simply displaying Roon logo.

is the graphical “sound wave” display accurate?

It seems to be slightly different to the one in Roon

.sjb

The version in the web display is very approximate, for performance reasons.

When I hear “10 foot” experience, I think about a PC app that can be controlled from the couch with a handheld remote. Is this anywhere in the cards?

Checkout the latest RoPieee release with support for the OSMC remote… Only pause/play skip fwd/bwd for now but knowing @spockfish (Harry) maybe Volume will come soon too.

Thanks for the cool new UX features. Good job… keep em coming! :slight_smile:

Works perfectly on my Mac Chrome browser. I will be buying a Chromecast to try on my TV.

Am I right in assuming that in future releases there will be options to set the screen to display other attributes such as Allmusic editorials or Artist profiles?

I like this new display feature :sunglasses:

One question:
Is it possible to add a ‘fullscreen button’? I use the display feature on my Galaxy View Tab, e.g. with Chrome browser. I tried different browsers, either they do not work or they do not offer any fullcreen mode. Chrome always shows tabs at the top of the screen. But if you browse to youtube for example, there is a possibility to make a video fullcreen, so the browser seems to be able to display content as fullscreen. So I thought the roon display could also offer a fullscreen mode. Is this possible?
Or, does anybody know an android browser with fullscreen mode?

Thanks,
Boris

I love the new display feature… I’m enjoying Roon now on my ROCK system, with CC Ultra as a display:

Awesome!

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hi, I´m using the Android App called Tasker+AutoTools (Web Display event) to have Roon Web Display in total full Screen. Configuring it is not 100% easy, takes some minutes, but once done, it works perfectly (and is beautiful).

1 Like

Thanks for the hint, I will try that!

1 Like