Build 521 update - Lenovo tablet unresponsive

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP - TS-473

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Gigabit Cat 5E throughout - don’t think its relevant for this issue.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pro-Ject Stream Box / Sonos / Rpi3 & 4 / All sorts really!

Description Of Issue

Android tablet hangs / unuseable after 521 update.

Core update and all all other controllers (windows, IOS on various devices) seem to be working fine (though I have seen some weird artefacts on the Windows 10 screen - but not important right now).

My issue is that my Lenovo TB-X104F tablet running Andriod 8.1.0 used solely as a controller hangs immediately after launch / core selection. A bit of a pain as this is the “coffee table controller for anyone to use” device.

Apologies for the quality of the screenshot, but as you can see it tries, gives up and is totally unresponsive at that point. The only way to proceed is a forced closure of the app. Hitting the screen harder doesn’t even help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no improvement. Other tablet functions seem fine - so its just teh Roon app.

After screen timeout, pressing the button to wake the tablet up results in a completely black screen in Roon. I.e. - it ain’t running, it’s hung, dead etc…

Over to @support !

Sounds similar to this: Android tablet not connecting after B521

1 Like

It does indeed!

Thanks for the detailed report, @Dave_Kitson!

Is there any change if you reboot the tablet? What if you uninstall and reinstall the app?

Yeah tried all that. Reinstalled app, rebooted tablet, restarted core, rebooted NAS.

It’s beyond my help!

Hi @Dave_Kitson,

We’ve enabled diagnostics so the team can take a closer look — Can you try rebooting the Lenovo tablet once more and then connect to Roon? After you’ve done this let us know and we will verify that the diagnostics report has been received.

Thanks!

Hi @dylan - just done that. Local time stamp should be around 08:09

Cheers.

Perfect, thanks @Dave_Kitson. I can confirm that the report came in — I’ll get that over to the team for analysis and we’ll follow up as soon as we have more information.

1 Like

It certainly is the same issue with Android 6.0.1

Hi @Dave_Kitson/@PieterJan_Spijkerman,

Please see the following post for a status update on this issue:

We appreciate your patience during this ongoing investigation!

Hello Roon guys. How are we doing with solving this problem? I haven’t heard anything since the 25th of feb. I would appreciate an update and indication as to when this issue is resolved.
Txs in advance

Hello @PieterJan_Spijkerman,

Please see @dylan’s update here from 3 days ago:

To sum it up: We’re still working on this issue and hope to have more news soon.

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

Just got home, update went smoothly and my Lenovo tablet seems to be working fine again with Build 528.

I did experience the Tidal login problem that others have reported, but logging in to Tidal via the browser seems to have sorted that also.

So - everything is looking good. Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.