Build 537 Tidal "OAuth2 client configuration is not correct" error

Roon 1.7 Build 537 - on a MacMini - wifi network
When Roon reboots, it reports an error logging into Tidal.
Retrying launches a browser window - after entering username, an error is reported: “OAuth2 client configuration is not correct”
I tried logging out of Tidal, rebooting Roon - recommendations I’ve seen on mentions in other threads.
None have worked for me.
Other suggestions???
Thanks -

Are you using a browser on the Mac Mini or a tablet? Make sure all Roon software–core, control etc.–are running the latest versions.

Hello @Michael_Cucka, could you please elaborate on your network setup? What router are you using, any network switches, or other devices? Also, what is your default browser set to?

Thank you - Roon is all up-to-date…
The MacMini is running OS 10.11.6 (the mini is the last customizable 2010 model) - browser is Safari 9.1.2, current for this version of OS.
Network is wifi using Netgear router Nighthawk X10 R9000 - no switches.
I can log into Tidal directly thru Safari, but not using the process set by Roon with the update. Qobuz login is till working. Logging in to both services worked fine in Roon before the update with this same hardware setup - although I don’t believe there was this browser step previously.
Thanks for any help - still not working as of today so it doesn’t seem to be a temporary problem

Hello @Michael_Cucka,

Could you try logging into TIDAL via Roon on one of your remotes and see if that work for you?

Yes - that seems to work.
However, if I reboot Roon on my Mac, the same error returns - requiring me to log in using the remote again.
Is there a way to keep Tidal logged in after reboots of Roon?
Thanks -

@Michael_Cucka,

Our team is currently investigating this issue and I will be discussing it shortly. I’ll keep you posted!

Hello @Michael_Cucka, thanks again for your report!

I have been discussing this issue with the technical team and we are aware of a few similar reports where users have to re-login to TIDAL upon Core reboot.

There is an active investigation in progress and QA is looking into what improvements can be made in this area of the login flow.

We appreciate your patience while this investigation is ongoing and apologies for the inconvenience of having to re-login when the Core is rebooted in the meantime.

1 Like

Just a side note that a 2010 macmini is well below spec for a roon core and will also struggle connected via WiFi. YMMV

Hello @Michael_Cucka,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 571, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.