Build 555: TIDAL Login Failure after Roon Server Restart

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

7th gen Intel i5 NUC running Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.18362.836), Roon Server Build 555

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ubiquiti UniFi Ethernet Switch and USG, Wired Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Most Outputs are ARMv7 running DietPi and Roon Bridge (eg., Allo USBridge Sig, Orchard Audio PecanPi Streamer, HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro on RPi3, etc.)

Description Of Issue

On build 537 and prior, I had no problems with Core automatically logging back into TIDAL after restarting Roon Server or the system on which it runs. Since installing build 555, I must click “Retry” after every restart. I can reproduce this issue 100% of the time. Although others reported this issue with build 537, I never had this problem until build 555. I rarely restart Roon Server, however, the system on which it runs will restart automatically as required by Microsoft patches (once every few weeks).

I’m experimenting with clearing my browser cookies (at least everything related to tidal). Doing this on the system on which I run Roon Server had no effect. However, I was not able to reproduce this problem after clearing browser cookies on the laptop that I’m using to run Roon desktop as a control.

If this is the fix, I’ll likely need to delete all TIDAL cookies on every laptop, desktop, and tablet that I use as a Roon Control to fully address the issue. That’s a pain, but perhaps there’s a way to automate this.

Hi @David_Snyder,

We are still testing our next release which will include some improvements here. I can’t provide any specific timelines just yet as we are still in the testing process, but we hope to have it available very soon!

Thanks for the update. Even after clearing the cookies, I’m now able to reproduce this problem most of the time.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.