Build 69 Crashes - Roon quit unexpectedly

Sorry for the trouble here @kon @oradba69 – I’ll be in touch via PM and we’ll get this sorted.

Stand by!

1 Like

I’m having issue on latest build using newest 2015 27" Retina iMac.

My workaround was downloading app from site and not upgrading to latest build. If I use latest build it crashes right after it fully loads.

Hey @iamoneagain – sorry for the trouble here. We’ve found the issue that was causing these problems, and we’re currently testing a fix.

That said, we can probably get this resolved for you even before the fix is released, so I’m going to follow up via PM. Stand by!

Doing a system restore to a Windows safe point last week worked for me. Roon now running ok and boy does it sound great compared to my 24 hours without it. My old media player just doesn’t have the natural detail and excitement.

Same issue, 1.1 (69) crashes even after a clean install, but it had been running well for weeks!

Are there any specific steps I can take (other than the reinstall) to try and debug? It’s completely unusable for me for the last few days… And I miss it!

Downloaded the update this mornig,
Ran it, and BOOM, Roon ceased to function.
Same problem as others users.
Waiting for a solution…

Hey @pszego, @Jacques_Legrand – we’ve found the issue that was causing these crashes, and the fix will be released very soon.

That said, we should be able to get you up and running even before the fix goes live, so stand by – I’m going to follow up with you both via PM.

Hi Mike

Just to add that I am having the same problem as mentioned above in that on my MBP 2013 version the Roon program is repeatedly crashing before even getting to the main library page.
This is using the latest build of the software - 1.1 (69)

I have uninstalled and re-installed several times and am now trying with the previous version (65) which was running without too many problems.
As I type this message version 1.1 (65) has been updating the database for some time now - but I am hoping this will get me up and running again.

If you have any specific solution to the repeated crashes, I too would be keen to try the “fix” please.
Thanks a lot

Quick update on my previous post - having deleted and uninstalled Build 69, I am now back with Roon working as normal using Build 65.

Build 70 fixed my problem!!
By the way, this build also fixed this issue.
You guys rock. Thank you very much!

2 Likes