Build 710 breaks playing music locally using a Windows 10 remote

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini running 10.15.7 - Roon build 710 - CORE
PC W10 v2004 Running roon build 710 - REMOTE
Tidal, but that isn’t relevant

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All ethernet running through a cisco switch and a unifi gateway. Network is not the problem.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

The device is question is any of those plugged into the PC remote - USB interfaces.

The remote network devices, as well as playing music on the remote (my ipad or phone using their built in speakers) work fine.

Description Of Issue

Build 1.7 710 has broken my ability to play music on my windows 10 desktop PC. The audio devices will appear/disappear/reappear every couple of seconds over and over again. This means I cannot play music using my desktop’s speakers. Playing music to a network target (a Cambridge CXN in this case) works fine. Playing music locally on the remote if I use my ipad works fine.

Things I have tried:

• Rebooting the remote
  • Rebooting the core
  • Patching the core to the latest security update for 10.15
  • Reinstalling the remote
  • Reinstalling the core

Networking is not an issue here. All devices are on a VLAN that can talk to each other and that is working fine. iPad over wifi is working as well to both control the core to stream to the CXN as well as just playing music on the local ipad speaker - same with my android phone.

Been hammering my head against this for a few days.

Make sure roon is still properly in the Windows firewall exceptions recent windows updates have overwritten exceptions.

Yeah the connection to the core is fine bidirectionally.

Hello @Andrew_Bauer, is there any issue playing from system output of the mac core or anything going on with the mac core playing to these endpoints?

Nope, I can use the remote on my PC to play through the mac mini speakers, as well ay my primary stereo using the Cambridge just fine.

Hello @Andrew_Bauer, could you please try the following?

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.