Build 763 Up and Running (Build 764 is Now Current)

Android update looks good so far.

All of my album badges are AWOL.

Have you switched them on in settings?

Right, but the iOS App update which you need to enable the settings (if youā€™re like me and only use iOS remotes) isnā€™t out yet. Which led to my confusion after going to the place I was supposed to go to enable the settings - I (and presumably others) was in the right place by the wrong app version - and the right version probably wonā€™t be out till tomorrow. Which is fine. But I think an understandable confusion. :slight_smile:

Great responsiveness in getting this update out with so much, so quickly. Thanks roon team.

6 Likes

Yep, and none show that are set to show, whether Iā€™m on iPad or PC, and Iā€™m running 763.

Try a reboot. They seem to be on for others.

The release note says that the MQA signal/logo or whatever can again be displayed - where can I see that?

I tried both logout / login and a reboot, but all badges refuse to display.

Settings, general, customize album display. On each remote I think.

Raise a new thread in the support category.

I already have screenshots sent to John@support about an hour ago.

1 Like

I have chznged the Album Display settings on my Core, using my PC.
Changes are visible on my iPad without any settings action.
Dirk

Star ratings still useless. It doesnā€™t make the distinction between my own ratings and the editorialā€™s.
I just want to know, at a glance, how I rated my albums. That is impossible now, and it was beautiful in 1.7.
@support, guys, please?! Itā€™s not that hard.

2 Likes

Seems the same in Build 763 as it was in 1.7 to me or I am missing something. When I click he star rating I can choose my own like it always was, and this is was it displays in the album overview

Glad to see the new version and the responsiveness to feedback.

Regarding shuffle - while things are better now in 1.8.763, we still donā€™t have the same behavior we had in 1.7, at least in the context that I most commonly shuffle tracks.

I have a bookmark of tracks that arenā€™t holiday or childrenā€™s music and havenā€™t been played in the last 3 months. In 1.7, clicking shuffle would play a track and display only that track in the queue. The next track was over to the right in the upcoming or Roon Radio area, not sure what it was called, for me to click thumbs up or thumbs down. This would allow me to produce a randomly selected list of tracks of any duration I desired.

The current behavior produces a several thousand track long queue.

I guess my question here is whether this is functioning as intended or will also return to the behavior of 1.7 in a future build? Not sure what the advantage of the current behavior is and I certainly prefer 1.7 in that specific regard.

4 Likes

I frankly donā€™t remember how it was on 1.7, but Iā€™m certain my own ratings were not mixed with the editorialā€™s (in the Albums view).
Sure, in the Album page you can see the editorial rating as well as yours, like you posted.
Perhaps the userā€™s own ratings should be displayed differently, in an accent color (how about purple?), while the editorials, all in gray?

I am 100% sure that there was only one row of stars in 1.7 and it showed your own choice, just like now

3 Likes

And thatā€™s the problem.
I donā€™t want it to display a rating AT ALL, unless itā€™s my own.
IIRC, thatā€™s how it was on 1.7.

I have no old screenshots, but unless I am going mad (canā€™t rule that out) it was not

1 Like