Roon Core Machine

Windows 11, i7

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet cat 6, netgear GS108

Connected Audio Devices

Buckhardt A500

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I hadn’t noticed any of this before build 923 so I hope it is not my memory playing tricks but I don’t find “displays” an improvement on my 43 inch flat screen Chromecast displays with the one exception that there appears to be a small improvement in the logic of the layout of Classical recording information.

I don’t like the change of my “light” theme to dark. What is the point of having light and dark options if they are being mixed up? I personally find it very difficult to read white on black, especially from a distance. The fonts seem to have changed as well adding to legibility problems when there is a more cluttered Classical screen. I don’t like the change of the “jellyfish” logo to “roon” either. On a less cluttered pop screen it is not so noticeable but on a more cluttered Classical screen the larger “roon” logo compared with the old “jellyfish” one means a few additional characters must be lost on the right to make room

I also don’t like the change of aspect ratio. Especially with head shots or shots of instrumentalists like Cellists with an already strong vertical line to the image there is a very unnatural vertical stretching of the artist image. Scared the cat. The display images now look very different to the laptop and iPad images I use as remotes. I am sure there were some differences in aspect ratio prior to build 923 to accommodate different devices but I wasn’t as aware of it so I assume something has been changed unless my memory really is playing tricks on me?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.