Roon Core Machine

Windows 10, latest updates

Networking Gear & Setup Details

MSI Mainboard Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

MSI Mainboard USB & external DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Since Build 933 and its update to the Tidal interaction/communication I do experience severe challenges in playing any song/album via Tidal & Roon. Any title is being skip after short time by ~ 5 sec multiple times during any replay. This leads to Roon being useless for any Tidal replay in my setting (simple Windows 10 core!). This challenge only incurred with Build 933. Pls. help and get this fixed to the state as it was before Build 933. Any local song/album is playing flawless. This is very urgent for me please. Thanks.

Is the DAC recognized correctly and is it the primary playback device under Windwos 10? Is any other program using this audio device in exclusive mode?

Hi Uwe, thanks for the quick reply. The DAC is recognized, the audio setting has not changed since before Build 933 where Roon & Tidal worked together smoothlessly. There is no other program using the Roon/DAC audio device in exclusive mode. My Roon/Audio settings are exactly the same as before Build 933, but now with the challenges described. What else can be done to get this fixed? Even with detaching the DAC and running the music only via Roon/Tidal and the system audio output I do experience the many glitches… (?)

Some errors have been fixed. Does the latest build 936 help? It can be pushed manually if it is not loaded yet.

I have already updated to Build 936, the challenge still persists.

Hi, had similar problem. I logged out of Tidal and logged in again. Now it finally works for me anyway.

Leif

1 Like

Hi @Klaus-19,

I’m very sorry for the prolonged delay in responding to and resolving your issue here. The Tidal login issue you’re describing suggests there may be a Firewall at play.

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Please let me know if you continue to experience issues and we’ll promptly circle back. I’ve set this thread to alert the support team when you respond.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.