Roon Core Machine

Windows 10

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Mainboard Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

PC Audio Realtek

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi Roon Team, another update promising better integration of Tidal. So far so good. I my personal experience with a simple Windows 10 and Tidal setting after the upgrade to release 933 the use of Tidal got even worse. First the memory use of Roon is increased a lot (now close to 4 GB of RAM) - frequently I do exerience a no response feedback from Windows for a few seconds before automatically resolved - then in using Tidal there a frequent small skips playing the selected music. A track with 4 minutes will take about 4:15. Can you pls. investigate and provide a resolution or a fix. Release 931 did fine. Thanks.

Hey @Klaus-19,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

I’m sorry to hear that you were having playback issues with Tidal. Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know.

Are you able to update to the latest Roon build 952? Here is a link to a great article on a few networking best practices that may be helpful as well.

Another good thing to note, we’ve seen past issues relating to the Realtek driver and I’d suggest disabling the Realtek audio device and use the High-Resolution Audio Device driver instead.

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.