Build 952 Issues

FWIW - I run Roon server instances on both a SonicTransporter i5 and on MacOS (MacBook Air M1). It makes no difference in my setup:

connecting to either server (using Roon on the same Mac as control), since build 952, repeatedly the behaviour occurs as described by @Ron_Horwitz

and

It also happens when deploying against the the Roon Server on the Mac, so it is not specific to the Sonictransporter, and my best course of action seems to await the next build, especially since the release notes hint at some work (tinkering :grimacing:) with:

Judging by the substantial volume of similar and other problems reported in this forum for this rather troublesome build, my working assumption is that the overhaul has backfired somewhat, for an unfortunately wide range of setups.

Anyway, it seems a bit pointless and a waste of time to now go hunting for issues in my - previously stabile - setup, or raise a support ticket. Undoubtedly Roon staff has plenty of data to work with and is focussing resources on producing a new build - with hopefully a Core/Remote connection mechanism that works reliably as it did before :wink:.

Good luck and keep your cool @noris and colleagues - light, tunnels and all that. And some sleep perhaps after all the :coffee:

2 Likes