Burson Audio since build 1021

Roon Core Machine

macOS 13.0 Beta (22A5295i), iMac Pro, 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W, 32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Networking Gear & Setup Details

FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable, DOCSIS-Software-Version: 7.3.1.0.65, ↓ 1,13 Gbit/s ↑ 52,5 Mbit/s

Connected Audio Devices

Burson Audio Conductor 3R over USB 2.0

Number of Tracks in Library

8076 tracks

Description of Issue

Hi, Burson Audio can´t be chosen anymore as Audio Device since build 1021. Can you please look into it?
Thanks, Patrick

Pull out the usb cable and remove power from the dac. Wait a minute then hook up again

And fill in the info requested to give those offering help a fighting chance. Burnson make things down to chip level…no idea what device you have or how it’s connected

Hi,

thanks for getting back to me.

Please forgive me I didn´t fill in the info.

It seems to me the problem is not on my side, because the selection of partners is independent from my device.

Burson has been smashed since build 1021.

See the photo attached.

Pulling out and in the cables doesn´t solve the problem.

Thanks again,

Patrick

Nursing certainly seems to have disappeared as a selection even though it is still listed as roon tested.

@support maybe a regression here for Burson?

@Patrick_Woessner do go back and edit your first post with the information requested - support will want it regardless.

Hi All,

Thanks for the reports here! We’ve been able to identify an issue on our end regarding this and we’re working on a fix. Thanks in advance for your patience while we work on this!

2 Likes

Thanks, Noris! You made it. The icon of the Burson Audio Conductor is back again!
All the best,
Patrick

But the Burson often fails to initialize. The playback stops to continue with the next track and the Conductor suddenly disappears as Audio Device and then has to be selected as Audio Device again. Is this in correlation to the problem? Thanks!

Hi @Patrick_Woessner ,

Glad to hear that the icon is back on your end! :slight_smile:

I don’t believe this is necessarily related to the other issue. Have you tried a different USB cable and is the behavior the same if so? Can you let me know the exact local time + date + track (if playing) when you next experience this behavior? I can check to see if your Core diagnostics have any further clues.

The USB cable is not the problem.

You find a screenshot attached. Thanks for checking your Core diagnostics.
2022-07-29 at 9.57.51 PM

The playback has now been stable for about an hour. Did you change anything on your side? Thanks. Have a nice Sunday!

Sorry, the Burson failed to initialize again now. I was rejoicing too early. :pensive:

Hi @noris ,

may I ask if you have any further clues why the playback gets interrupted and the Burson Conductor fails to initialize?

Thanks for getting back to me!
Patrick

Hi @noris ,

unfortunately the problem got worse.
Every second or third song I get the error: “Failed to initialize the Audio device”.

Thanks for your help!
Patrick

Hey @Patrick_Woessner ,

No, we haven’t changed anything on our side when it was working.

Since this is a Beta build of Mac, maybe it is playing a part in the issue. Can you try to install Roon on a non-beta device and plug the Burson in there? Does a connection to a different PC work as expected?

Thanks for getting back to me, @noris !

I informed Apple as well about the problem.
Both of my machines run on the latest macOS Beta.

I have noticed by now that the problem relates to different sample rates. During random playback when sample rates change from one song to another I get the error.

Hi @noris,

today Apple released a new Beta build of macOS 13.0 (Beta 5).
Unfortunately the problem hasn´t vanished.

I think your Burson configuration forces the Audio device to stop when there is a data overload. The overload is caused by high definition music with high and different sampling rates.

JM2C
What do you think?

The only thing that helps for now is to limit the max bits to 24.

I´m confident the problem is on your side.

Hey @Patrick_Woessner,

Ben here stepping in for Noris, I wanted to follow up on a question Noris mentioned:

If you can acquire a device that isn’t running a beta OS, that would be extremely helpful for testing. With that, please go through the motions to experience the issue, and grab a timestamp (date,time) of the issue and share it our way.

We’ll have our team enable diagnostics on your account to pinpoint the time of the issue to see what might be going on in more depth.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 16 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.