Bye Roon, why I am not renewing my subscription

@Martin_Kelly @Speed_Racer

There are so many areas where the implementation is lax, lacking or downright crippling:

• Export of files with the wrong attribution of album art
  • Export of files without a log to find out which files may have failed in the export
  • Export of files with … in the album name will not work
  • Identifying albums presents you with a list of albums which obscures the original album info so you can’t even compare
  • General implentation of AND functionality
  • Almost impossible to use editing of albums tracks and such
  • Very convoluted and difficult implementation of genre editing and assignation; which is odd, as the genres attributed to albums and artists are pretty hopeless for the most part.
  • The broken (never has worked) Focus on Similar feature (because of broken genre assignation)
  • Lack of a simple toggle DSP on or off
  • The ability to attribute half stars to album ratings but no way to filter to that level
  • Ongoing problems with boxsets and classical albums handling generally
  • The ability to stop showing the forced upon us reviews and/or allow us to put our own comment instead

That’s just from quick memory (and my memory ain’t great) and stuff which Roon, to my knowledge have either known about and failed to correct FOR YEARS or completely ignore calls for correction/improvement FOR YEARS.

Ill continue to gripe about these basic issues and more for as long as I can be bothered to, certainly for many years to come.

These little things which don’t matter to most and matter to some, all add up to a big problem for Roon, ultimately. ie fFewer and fewer devoted fans, more and more unrest in these pages and many more clients seeking other solutions, either casually or actively, competition actively trawling here and seeing what’s not being solved or developed by Roon and seizing opportunities to better them in key areas.

@James_I sums it up well here:

Oh and whilst you’re here… this is also a problem, again completely unacknowledged by Roon officially, ironically as it highlights a problem Roon has fundamentally wrt customer service and responding, haha:

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

1 Like