Cambridge CXN V2 Not Recognized as Roon Ready or Assignable Device (ref#WEWO0X)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

Cambridge cxn v2 was connected as roon ready and worked fine. Now it is not recognised as roon ready and is not assignable as a destination device.

Describe your network… router, switches, isp, how your server is connected… all helps us understand why it fell off the network (or at least Roon’s view of the network).

Of course, rebooting things can be an instant fix over half the time (including router and Roon)

Can you see the device using the Cambridge app?

Try pulling the power cable and then put it back in after a couple of seconds.

My CXNV2 has had a few issues that a full clean start fixed.

My Cambridge audio cxnv2 is not recognised as roon ready. It used to be but stopped after roon upgrade. Other streaming devices work fine. Device is discovered but not as roon ready. Current version of roon on w10 server has been faultless otherwise. Is it roon or the CXNV2 fault?

Try to pull the power cord from the CXNV2 and put it back in after a few seconds. Then have it do a full start.

I’ve had similar issues with my V2 when using StreamMagic, that a full clean boot fixed.

No issues with Roon itself though.

Done that a few times. I might try a factory reset on the cxn if i find out how.

Factory Reset is an option on the main menu , you need to do it manually using the knob to select and then press in once selected. I don’t think the App allows it.

Mine’s not powered up at the moment to detail further

I found the factory reset instructions. Will give it a try when I get home later this week. The remote has stopped working (new batteries) also I am advised so that is another job. (usual power disconnect and reboot of all server and network devices no change)

Hi @Gregg_Marshman,

Checking in on your thread here, were you able to get things sorted out after performing a factory reset?

We’ll be on standby for your status. :+1:

I have powered off, disconnected, factory reset and still shows as “Other network device” despite previously showing as Roon Ready and working fine for years. Have uninstalled Roon server and reinstalled with same result. Now reported to CA with support ticket (21Apr24). No firmware updates available.

There was a new firmware released last week. And a week earlier if you decided to get Early Access. Have you installed that one already?

Yes. All devices are on current release.

Hi @Gregg_Marshman,

Thanks for the update. Our team will take a closer look at your Roon Server diagnostics to see if any errors are present.

In the meantime -

I’m curious to know the above.

Are you able to reinstall the current firmware version?

The streammagic app works fine. So does Cambridge connect.
A factory reset has been done 3 times. The firmware update claims no updates available, up to date. Not sure if possible to force reload of update.

I have been getting help from Calum at Cambridge Audio and now it seems likely it was a result of a roon update. I have removed and reinstalled roon but no change. Perhaps there is a better way to reinstall

Thanks for the update @Gregg_Marshman, lets see if clearing your devicedb cache may help refresh things steps to follow below:

1. Stop Roon on your server machine
  2. Navigate to your database location
  3. Open the folder named “Cache” inside your Roon folder
  4. Delete the file named “Devicedb-prod.zip” and “Devicedb-prod.zip.etag” if you have that file as well
  5. Start Roon once more on the server machine

Let me know if your issue persists after the above. Thanks! :+1:

Hi Benjamin
I stopped the Roon services on the server.
I removed several copies of the Devicedb-prod.zip and Devicedb-prod.zip.etag from the Cache folder for current and past versions of Roon and RoonServer.
I left the 2 copies in the Application/2000014077 folder for Roon and RoonServer.
On restart of Roon, the symptoms are the same. The CNXv2 does not show as Roon Ready.
Should I totally remove roon from the server and start from scratch?