Can a Nucleus connect to Esoteric K-01XD via USB?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus+

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Esoteric K-01XD via USB

Description Of Issue
Hi,

I have a 4TB Nucleus+ and intend to use a DAC with it. The one I have in mind is the Esoteric K-01XD which is neither a Roon Ready nor Roon Tested device.

Can I hook these up using a USB cable?
Do I need to do any special drivers download or is this just a matter of “plug & play”?

Last but not least, can I still use the iPad to control the Music on the Nucleus?

I am holding back the purchase as no one seems to be able to answer my questions and all I had was go buy the dCS Bartok instead, which would be “plug & play”. Issue is the Bartok is not an all-in-one SACD Player/DAC unlike the Esoteric.

Please help.
Thanks,
Jerry Seh

According to the user manual it only supports windows and Mac on usb. Nucleus is Linux.

Hello @Jerry_Seh, ged has the right answer here, I don’t see Linux compatibility either. I recommend you check with the manufacturer before making the purchase.

1 Like

i am using k01xd with roon rock on my nuc.
i connect them with usb cable, they work prefectly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.