Can Each Profile Have It's Own Music Source

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

CentOS 7.8 VMware Server 4.5GB RAM 8 Cores Intel® Xeon® CPU E31260L @ 2.40GHz
Music on FreeNAS NFS share. 10 Drive RAID 6 with SSD Cache.
Roon 1.7 (Build 537)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

N/A

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

N/A

Description Of Issue

I’m running my 14 days trial. Just wondering how I should setup profiles for my Wife and Son’s music collection. Do I need to run three cores pointing at three different music library’s or can each profile view it’s own music source. I don’t want Roon to mix each collection together.

Hope you can help, very impressed with Roon so far.

Three cores would mean three license costs!
It’s a tricky one as the short answer is no, it’s all lumped together. However, depending on how you feel about workarounds… There are some.
I’m not best placed to describe them as I don’t need to use them.

Bummer… I’m struggling to justify a lifetime licence as it is. Let alone three. :frowning:

I guess I’ll need to see some of those workarounds if anyone has them.

Thanks for helping @ged_hickman1. Appreciated.

Broadly it involves using the focus tool to create music sub sets for each user then using bookmarks to select that sub set. But I’m not an expert. @moderators may be able to help.

1 Like

Here’s a link to the sort of thing you need.
I think it depends on the files being physically in segmentable directories.

1 Like

The other thing to point out is that roon isn’t very fully featured in seperating into the profiles so I think some stuff stays common.
My wife is a technophobe so it’s irrelevant for me :slight_smile:

I might be in luck, the current structure is: -

/mnt/nfs/music/Dad
/mnt/nfs/music/Mum
/mnt/nfs/music/Tom

I’ll have a read of that thread. Thanks again @ged_hickman1.

\m/,

1 Like

Hmmmm, looking promising! Thanks @ged_hickman1!!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.