Can I add local tracks to Roon library?

I’m stuck. Why is this so complicated? Can’t get past this folder issue:

Click the three dots to right of the Music Folder and then click Enable, this will make your Music Folder active and then see what happens.

No such option. I wish it was that easy

Only Disable, Edit, or Remove

Wow, have never seen that before.

Where is the Music Folder located?

You seem to have clicked the 3 dots by the “This Mac” storage location - I believe that @Stephen_Horvath meant for you to click the dots by the Music Folder location…

But will this then add all my local music? already made that mistake once…

Damn- I enabled and it started adding all my Music and i quit but it added 300 how do I undo this???

Please help me undo this???

That’s what it is supposed to do. I’m confused. What are you trying to accomplish? If you just want to use roon for streaming from tidal or qobuz, don’t add a local library.

I just purchased some HD tracks online from the Qobuz store. Just want to add these without adding my whole Itunes library. I made that mistake before and I was never able to clean up the mistake…

At this point the whole Roon is unusable because it wont play from Tidal without extra steps, so I need a factory reset, then I need to just be able to play these 5 songs I purchased without adding my whole Itunes library…

Put the 5 songs in a folder and add only this folder as a storage location. Disable the storage location(s) for folders that you don’t want to add, like iTunes.

Normally, most people do want to add the storage location(s) for their music files, like the iTunes folder or whatever, because that’s what Roon is typically used for, to unify local and streaming music in one interface. But you have the choice not to

1 Like

I tried this… see above. I get to this screen and can’t go any further…

But first need to figure out how to stop the itunes frolder from adding and erase the library history…

The “Music Folder” is already disabled and the “This Mac … JaiDee/Music/Roon Library” folder is empty …

You can also remove them from this list by clicking the 3-dot menu if you don’t need them anymore

Cool now how do I get rid of the damage done by adding all the itunes library files to my roon?

You may have to clean up by going to Settings > Library > Library Maintenance > Clean up library. Choose from the 3 options:

1. is for files that were actively deleted (what you may have done to the JaiDee/Music folder in the above screenshot)
  2. is for storage locations that were removed (which you haven’t done yet in the above screenshots)
  3. is for storage locations that are currently disabled (like your “Music Folder” in the above screenshots).