Can I update my Roon Server from ARC while remote?

So ARC and Roon Remote apps have updated while I am travelling and away from home.

Can I update and restart my Roon Server (ROCK on a NUC7i7DNKE) remotely while away, through ARC?
Or do I have to wait until I am back on home network to trigger the server update.

Thanks
Simon

It was apparently at least possible in production 3 weeks ago, so I guess yes, if it is necessary. Seems to be new:

1 Like

Ok, thanks a lot. So if the server requires an update it will prompt to do so, if not it will just continue - is this the expected behavior?

Is there anyway of checking the Server build version?

All I know is what’s written in the above post. Personally I’ve never run into the situation because I make sure update settings are consistent before I travel.

Everything was up-to-date when I left on the 18th March :grinning:
But I am not back onto my home network until the 2nd April, after this trip down to Maputo and Johannesburg.

So how is the requirement for a Server update and restart following an update triggered?
And can the process be initiated from ARC?

Sure, but you can set all components (server, remotes, ARC) to either update or not. Granted, it’s easy to forget, but just saying that I take great care with this and hence have never seen the apparently new feature

Like I said, all I know is in the linked post, seems quite clear

I updated client and arc when I was on holiday and never got a prompt to update the server. So proceed with caution :warning: