Can No Longer Login to TIDAL

Hello @Wade_Strange, I checked in with the team for an update just now and from their findings, they asked if it would be possible for you to try a VPN to connect to TIDAL and if you could please provide us with a timestamp when you try to use ROCK in the studio again so we can collect more data. They noticed some network errors being reported but we’d like to gather more info.

We appreciate your patience and we’re narrowing down on the cause, thanks for your cooperation!

Thanks for the quick response @nuwriy.

Unfortunately, I have an update that further complicates our troubleshooting. It does seem like the building’s network admin is blocking Roon completely now. When I tried to launch the client app on the Mac Pro I’m getting an error that says: "Network error: Please check your internet connection: I get the same error on my iPhone and iPad when trying to launch Roon. So now I’m not even able to call home to Roon’s servers to log in. Of course, all the devices can connect to the web for other sites, etc. Just not for Roon stuff.

My question for you is, what do I have to ask the network admin to do in order to give Roon access to to call home (both to login and for the Roon Rock to reach TIDAL’s servers)? If you can send me a little blurb that I can forward on to them, maybe that would get us somewhere?

Thank you!

Wade

Hello @Wade_Strange, that sounds like a good idea! We need the network admin to make a port exception for the program Roon through whatever firewall or antivirus software is set up. That should resolve the issue. We have some instructions available here for what needs to be done.

Hi @nuwriy,

I hope you are really well.

Ok, I think it’s time for me to wave the white flag on this one and give up. It does not seem like the Roon support team is able to help me sufficiently troubleshoot this issue and I now feel like I’m completely wasting a subscription.

I am hoping you can help me with a few things in order to bring some finality to the situation.

1. I would like to post my Intel NUC Roon Rock in the sales and trades category but I am unable to post, I guess since I do not have the right trust level. Are you able to assist with this? If you need references I can post my eBay handle, etc. I just think that someone in the community could really benefit from an essentially brand new NUC with Roon already installed and working, etc. Would be very plug and play for another fellow audiophile.

2. is there someone I can talk to regarding a partial refund of my subscription? I started a second subscription for the studio in November but haven’t been able to connect to Roon servers in the studio since April. Roon works perfectly at the house and we truly love it. But between the severe lag times in support responses and the fact that there seem to be network issues we are unable to overcome together, I really haven’t been able to see any value out of the second subscription in months.

Assistance with with both of the above would go a long way towards keeping me a Roon fanatic (of both the product and the company).

Thank you!

Wade

@Wade_Strange check your Private messages

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.