Can not connect to Meridian Audio 218

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Optimized Core Kit
Versión 1.0 (build 219) stable
Serial: 1C697A62C719

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Meridian 218.

Description Of Issue
I can not connect to Meridian Audio 218. ROCK is are on the same network.
I have rebooted several times with no avail.
The 218 light shows same as Sooloos (Net) but it does not shows in the settings audio.
No sound at all.

Hello @the5rs, and thanks for your report! I spoke to the team about this thread and they asked me to gather more information about your network topography. Could you please elaborate on what router you’re using, if there are any switches, and how your devices are connected? Thanks!

Hello,

My setup is as follows:

Sagemcom Fast 5280 router.The Meridian 218 as well as the Nuc Rock are connected to the Sagemcom with ethernet cables. No switches.

Thanks!

Hello @the5rs, I tried to enabled diagnostics on your core, but I’m not getting a response. Could you please turn it on so it can upload the report? Thanks!

Connected now

Thanks!!!

Were you able to do any diagnostics?
Thanks!

Hello @the5rs, we got em in! Also, I have sent them over to the team for analysis. Thanks!

Thank you!
Please, let me know if there is anything else
I need to do.

Hello @the5rs, the team got back to me and they wanted to know if you could test this with the MacBook pro as the core temporarily with the following steps:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Install the Roon app on the mac
  • If you have an existing installation go Roon Settings -> General -> Disconnect
  • On the Choose your Core screen, select “Use this PC”
  • Do not restore your old database yet
  • Verify if the same issue is occurring on the other mac

I will try it and I will let you know.

Thanks!!!

This is what I got. 218 shows but I do not get any sound. What do I need to do?

Thanks!!!image

Hello @the5rs, and thanks for testing that! So the 218 is having issues on both cores? Have you spoken with Meridian about this issue? Let me know!

Has Roon talked to Meridian Audio? Does Danny knows of any problem with the 218?

Thanks!!!

Hello @the5rs, I verified that our in-house 218 isn’t experiencing this issue, do you have another router you could try temporarily as a test? Let me know!

I will try to get another router and will let you know.

Thanks!!!

A post was split to a new topic: Issue connecting to Meridian 251

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.