Can not login I just upgraded to OS Catalina

Hi @gerben_tichler,

Thank you again for your patience while our technical team has been looking into this issue for you.

I spoke with our team regarding their evaluation of the diagnostics report. Sometimes, errors like the one you saw can be spurious, but unfortunately in this case they are seeing signs of low level corruption in your database.

This type of error is extremely rare for us and not one that we see often. Our database infrastructure is designed specifically to prevent this type of corruption, and we don’t take this class of issue lightly.

We’ve traced a few reports like this in the past to hard drive integrity issues but generally speaking, this means that Roon is reading information from your hard drive that is different from what was originally written, and the database is now unable to load properly.

What’s Next?

If you’ve been making regular backups, my advice would be to install Roon fresh on your Core machine, and roll back to one of your backups. If the database loads properly, your edits, playlists, tags, etc should be intact, and we can confirm everything is performing properly once it’s been restored.

If you do not have any backups, unfortunately you will need to start with a fresh database.

Again, this class of issue is extremely rare for us and you have our apologies for the trouble here.

Hello Dylan,
Thank you for your information and your effort so far.

It’s fine with me to install a new Roon app because I do not have a big database, as I am using mostly Tidal.
Yesterday I allready installed it ‘freshly’ but it still doesn’t work. Well I want to try it again if you think it could matter. Last time I deleted Roon in Finder/Apps/Roon. So is that everything I have to do to clean it up or do I have to delete more?

Hi @gerben_tichler,

Here’s how you can start fresh:

• Close Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.