Can not Run MQA tracks with Tidal

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Server on MacBook Pro under Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ATT U-Verse Router
300 mega Bit line

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Simaudio 280D

Description Of Issue

Cannot run MQA tracks under Tidal. Track runs for 15 seconds and the following error message. "TIDAL media is loading slowly. This may indicate a networking problem or connectivity"
No problem running MQA under Simaudios Mind software. Also can run MQA in native Tidal app.

How are your listed devices connected?

what model MacPro? Maybe also show us a screen shot of the Audio Signal path

Hi @Ron_Nyselius,

So we can better understand what you’re experiencing, please verify the following:

• How are your devices connected to the network? Directly to the router via Ethernet? Is there a switch involved? WiFi?
  • Is non-MQA TIDAL content playing okay?
  • If you play local MQA content do you experience any issues?
  • If you play to System Output of the Core machine does that work?

Dylan,

My device is connected thru a NetGear Powerline Adapter (connected to the router)

Non-MQA Tidal content plays okay.

Local MQA plays fine

MQA plays fine thru the SimAudio 280D Mind product.

I removed the PowerLine Adapter to the 280D and connected via WiFi. MQA played in Roon played Ok for about an hour and then

the Tidal Connectivity error reoccurred - WiFi Status is -46dBm and Avg Speed is 54Mbps.

Now MQA and Non-MQA are playing

Please ignore the recent post this is corrected

My device is connected thru a NetGear Powerline Adapter (connected to the router)
Non-MQA Tidal content plays okay.
Local MQA plays fine
MQA plays fine thru the SimAudio 280D Mind product without Roon.

I removed the PowerLine Adapter to the 280D and connected via WiFi. MQA played in Roon Ok for about an hour and then
the Tidal Connectivity error reoccurred - WiFi Status is -46dBm and Avg Speed is 54Mbps.

Now MQA and Non-MQA are not playing

Hi @Ron_Nyselius,

As noted in our Networking Guide, we generally recommend against powerline adapters, and we recommend that your Core be connected to the network via Ethernet whenever possible.

As a test, it would be great to know if things are still an issue when you’re connected directly to the router using Ethernet. Knowing the results of this test would help us understand where the issues you’re experiencing are stemming from.

Additionally, we’ve seen reports that using Google DNS can help with TIDAL performance. If you use Google DNS is there any improvement here?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.