Can not start Roon on QNAP - Couldn't find a valid ICU package installed on the system

Roon Core Machine

Model: TS-670 Pro
Architecture: x86_64
QTS Version: 4.3.6 - Build: 20211019
PKG Version: 2021-05-18

Hi,

I can not start Roon on QNAP - it used to work in the past, but now when I start it fails.
I tried to uninstall it, then reinstall, didn’t help. I also restarted QNAP, made sure it’s updated.
Help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

########## Installed RoonServer Version ##########
1.8 (build 884) stable
stable
##################################################

Process terminated. Couldn’t find a valid ICU package installed on the system. Set the configuration flag System.Globalization.Invariant to true if you want to run with no globalization support.
at System.Environment.FailFast(System.String)
at System.Globalization.GlobalizationMode.GetGlobalizationInvariantMode()
at System.Globalization.GlobalizationMode…cctor()
at System.Globalization.CultureData.CreateCultureWithInvariantData()
at System.Globalization.CultureData.get_Invariant()
at System.Globalization.CultureInfo…cctor()
at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.get_CurrentUICulture()
at System.TimeZoneInfo…ctor(Byte[], System.String, Boolean)
at System.TimeZoneInfo.GetTimeZoneFromTzData(Byte[], System.String)
at System.TimeZoneInfo.GetLocalTimeZoneFromTzFile()
at System.TimeZoneInfo+CachedData.CreateLocal()
at System.DateTime.get_Now()
at Base.Utils…cctor()
at Base.Utils.SetApplicationName(System.String, System.String)
at Sooloos.App.Main(System.String[])
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/RoonServer/RoonServer/start.sh: line 52: 32103 Aborted “$P” “$@”
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/RoonServer/RoonServer/start.sh: line 34: kill: (32103) - No such process

Looks like you’re missing prerequisites to run Roon. Read also: Roon 1.8 (Build 846) is Live!

Download the current QPKG from the link in the message below and install it manually then try again.

Additionally:

As your NAS is no longer supported by QNAP you should start thinking about a solution to replace the NAS (as Roon Core). Some thoughts about how to proceed already got collected in the thread linked below:

1 Like

Thank you! Updating to the package you sent did the trick! The update did not appear on the QNAP update store - you have any idea why? Is there a repository for ROON updates I might need to add?

Like your NAS its OS (QTS 4.3.x) is no longer supported by QNAP. You can no longer automatically get updated packages that way. Read also:

Yep, saw that… Although firmware updates for minor version are still maintained.
Thanks for the quick help!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.