Can not start - Waiting for remote core

Roon Core Machine

I have a QNAP TS-451A WITH A 14nm Intel® Celeron® N3060 dual-core 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM ANBD 4 X 4TB HDDS Running RON S>ever 2021 10-03

Networking Gear & Setup Details

I have a 1GB Nnetwork with Ubiquity extensions over the house

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

111 albums so less that 2000 tracks as I am starting

Description of Issue

I use Roon with the same configuration some months ago and it worked. Now I have reinstall everything from the scratch and continuously I get the error message Remote Connection: Waiting for remote core.

The app is running:
Estado : Procesando
Versión : 2.0 (build 1133) production
Versión QPKG : 2021-10-03

But does not works when trying to access from the Roon App on the Mac or on the iPhone.

Thanks

Welcome to the Roon community, @Sergio_Lopez-Chicher.

Reinstalling Roon is unlikely to resolve this problem, which is most likely related to your network.

Please describe your network gear (model of routers, switches etc.), and how devices including core and remotes are connected, e.g., Wi-Fi or Ethernet. , Furthermore, are you using VPN on your mobile device and network?

Incidently, I note that your core doesn’t meet the minimum requirements for running Roon, so this may cause some performance issues if the NAS has other workloads, or you are using DSP.

1 Like

Additionally, open the Roon Server app on your NAS and check the status there (should display “Running”).
If the Roon Server software is running, did you install a firewall onto your NAS? If so, you may have to add exceptions so your clients (Mac, iPhone) are able to connect.

PS: You can (and probably should) also post screenshots of what you see on your end here in the forum.

3 Likes

Hi @Sergio_Lopez-Chicher,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I think @Martin_Webster and @BlackJack are on to something with their suggestions. We get sent diagnostic information that tells us versions, last seen, and other information. I can confirm that your core is reporting to us in real-time but your remote instances haven’t been seen in 5-6 days. That lines up with the timeframe you reported this to us too.

My first instincts say firewall or networking-related causes as well. If you have an ISP-supplied modem/router and also have your own router, be sure your core is physically connected to the same network that the broadcasted wifi uses.

Please let us know!
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.