Can’t access roon arc in car while driving

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Once again I am Unable to access roon arc when in car driving. I get message of “poor connection -dismiss” however I can access tidal in car. I can access roon arc in my home.
Something lacking in roon arc settings?
Do I need to “re-set”?

This message doesn’t necessarily mean that the 4G connection is poor; it means that the end-to-end connection between your mobile device and core is poor.

Nonetheless, I sometimes find that I can clear this message by closing the ARC app on my mobile–not possible when driving alone.

Closing the Arc app. I presume that is different from Deleting the app from my cell phone - correct?

Also- in one of my attached screen shots there was in red an “X” and message in red to reset the Roon Arc - what does that do and should I click the “X”?

Another screen shot shows my “Profile” section (purple circle) banner indicates “Poor Connection “. To the right of the Profile circle is a toggle - should the toggle be purple (shifted to right) rather than white that indicates offline mode?

Yes, depending on the model, follow this guide.

This will reset ARC to the first installed state, and is essentially the same as reinstalling. All downloaded content will be deleted. Typically, this isn’t necessary for connectivity issues.

I think you need to check why you’re getting poor connection messages. It would be helpful if you described your Roon core. Is it a Nucleus, PC, or MacBook etc.? And how is it connected to your home network?

I have a Nucleus and connect to Roon through spectrum internet. I use apple devices to connect ant home And CarPlay for car.

I have a nucleus connected to the internet via spectrum. I can get arc in the house and in the garage but not in the car on the move. I can always o next in the car to Tidal so it seems a Roon set up arc issue. I thought Roon nucleus switched to arc connection when not in home base. One of my attached pics show that the nucleus is not connected for external?
Thanks

Arc connectivity

@paul_austin, for Roon ARC to work outside your home you need to setup port forwarding. Please navigate to Settings > Roon ARC in the Roon app on your PC, and share a screenshot of the diagnostics message.

Ok

The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

I will seek external technical assistance to do as you outlined in your message.
I do note however that the arc use to work fine before becoming a persistent issue. What made it work ok before but not now?

Have you made any changes to your network?

No changes to network if by network you mean spectrum internet network….?
If you look in my recent support issues re not having access to audio and the solution taken, there may be something in that set of repair that altered what once worked fine re Arc.

No changes to my net work if by net work, you mean spectrum Internet network?
If you look in my recent support issues re not having access to audio and the solution taken, there may be something in that set of repair that altered what once worked fine re Arc.

After that fix regarding access to the nucleus, the technician and I went to the car in the garage and we were able to access arc. That access might be just because it was in the garage and had access to my home net work.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.