Can’t connect to core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP HS-251+ Version 4.4.2. This has a Quad core 2.0 GHz processor and 2GB DDR3L RAM.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Sagemcom Fast 5566 Home Hub 3000. I’m direct connected via Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

LUMIN D2 streamer connected to my NAS via ethernet

Description Of Issue

I have my core on a QNAP HS-251+. This has a Quad core 2.0 GHz processor and 2GB DDR3L RAM. I have been using this as my core since purchasing Roon a couple of years ago without issue. I use a LUMIN D2 streamer running through a Simaudio i7 amp, etc. I use an iPad Pro as a controller. Tonight, for some reason, it wouldn’t automatically connect. Instead, it brought up a window for me to choose my Roon core, which I pressed the connect button corresponding to my core. In doing so, it brings up a roon sign in page. When I try signing in, it brings up an authorization page showing my NAS and a button to unauthorized it. The only thing I can think of that has changed since the last time I used my system was I had to unregistered my NAS and reregister it so I’m not sure if that is creating the issue I’m currently having or not. Can you please help? A couple of pics follow:

!

Hi @Mark81,

Are you using the latest version of QNAP? There have been some changes that might help with this, but it is still going through the QNAP App Store cycle, you can install a manual copy in the meantime though, see:

Before I received your replies, I unauthorized my NAS and tried reconnecting and for some reason, It connected me as it normally did. I’m listening to music through it now. I didn’t quite understand what you were suggesting I do with my NAS anyway.

1 Like

@Mark81 - You should still update the QNAP package once you get a chance or the update is published on the store, the issue may re-occur until you update.

Ok, I will, thanks

1 Like

I went to roononnas.org, but all that seems to be is how to install roon on my NAS or create the log file. I already have roon on my NAS, but I keep having to unauthorize my NAS before I can use roon. I’m not sure what you were suggesting I do.

What noris is saying is that you need to update the QNAP App with the one on the roononnas.org link. He knows you have the old one installed at the moment. It’s the QNAP App that’s causing the problem.

1. Follow the link again and download the updated App
  2. Login to your QNAP and go to the App Centre
  3. Select install App Manually from the top of the page (it’s the one with the little +)
  4. Browse for the file you downloaded and install it

Your app should now be updated to the latest one and Roon should work normally again.
Hope this helps

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.