Can Waiting for your Roon Core be a hardware issue?

Hey @Frank_Rome,

Ben here with the support team stepping in for Wes, my apologies for letting your issue slip through the cracks!

I wanted to check in on your current status, and if you were still having issues with your core performance? Are you only have issues when streaming content from Tidal/Qobuz, or do you also experience drop outs when playing local files?

With that, could you also perform a disk check to inspect the health of the drives on your core device?

Thanks!

Hi Ben,

I am still having issues with the core performance. Om Wes’s suggestion I checked the health of the SSD drive and it came back with no errors.

I am still having issues, the message nearly always relates to the Roon connection rather than Tidal. I have tried using the Tidal app on my phone or Ipad when having issues and it always responds instantly.

The issue is usually solved by rebooting the core. I am running headless so this involves a hard reset every time. Rebooting the router never makes any difference so I am convinced it is the core. Yesterday I was having intermittent issues with sometimes getting the new releases suggestions and sometimes only my local disc. I eventually logged off Roon and Tidal and logged back in again. It is now working again, but I have no idea for how long.

I am beginning to think that my only resolution may be to buy a new NUC and install ROCK.

Please advise if there is anything more I can do. Is it possible that my Roon Core hardware has now passed its use by date? When I did the memory test it showed that my processor is an Intel Core I5 4570T @2.9GHz.

I am attaching a screen shot of the warning message I was geeting yesterday before I logged out and signed in again

Regards,

Frank

I doubt that, recently I have started having the same problems 3-4 times each week. My “standard” format Win11 machine i5 16Gb RAM shouldn’t have any issues but there’s something strange happening, including latency controlling music (& no network changes in months).

:thinking:

Hey @Frank_Rome,

As a next step, let’s fresh your database. Steps to follow below:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

Thanks, Frank!

1 Like

Hi Ben,

On 7th April I renamed the wrong Roon file and reinstalled Roon. I only discovered it was the wrong Roon file because all my database was there when the machine restarted.

It worked fine until today 12th April when responses become too slow to be functional.

Today at 5 pm, backed up again, renamed the Roon File under Appdata, reinstalled again…
The system looks to have regenerated the database. All working fine now. I will let you know if it stays this way.

Thanks,

Frank

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.